• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation, Adrenal Fatigue & Autoimmunity Online Talk Today

ahmo

This is from a letter sent out by MTHFR expert Ben Lynch. I've included his content re supplementing for adrenal fatigue, which is separate from the presentation by Dan Kalish. The links may be for Lynch's proprietary products.

As you know, MTHFR is a big factor in how methylation works - or doesn't work.

MTHFR is what I call the 'Master Regulator of Methylation'

If one has MTHFR, their ability to produce SAMe, the body's number one methyl donor, goes significantly down - especially if they fail to eat leafy greens.

There is something that you don't know which you need to.

If you can reduce stress, you can GREATLY improve your health.

Stress reduction is now my primary goal for restoring methylation.

I've learned why stress is SO BAD for methylation, immune function, neurotransmission and antioxidant production.

There are many biochemical pathways affected by stress - and specifically cortisol.

Why is stress so bad for methylation?

Because cortisol speeds it up! When speeding up methylation, you speed up the use of all the nutrients needed for methylation support. Over time, you get depleted in these nutrients and - at the same time - you burn out your adrenals!

As you use up nutrients needed for methylation due to stress, you become undermethylated and this causes a slew of problems.

What to do? Listen. Learn.

Dr Dan Kalish is an excellent presenter on the subject of adrenal fatigue.

I invite you to watch him today discuss 'Adrenal Fatigue and Autoimmunity.'

His knowledge of adrenal fatigue is remarkable - and his ability to explain it is even better.

Get access to Dr Kalish's presentation by going here.

Simply enter your email address and you'll get access.

The information Dr Kalish provides is excellent but I want you to feel better right away - not just gain more information.

This requires intervention nutritionally.

The fastest way to heal the adrenals is to nourish them directly - and to reduce your reactions to stress.

How do you do this?

The top three supportive products I recommend for restoring your adrenals are:

• Adrenal Cortex: provides immediate support for tired adrenals. Ensuring that the adrenal cortex is from grass-fed cows and without hormones is important. I use only that in this Adrenal Cortex.
  • Adaptogens: helps adapt one to stress which reduces the load on the adrenals. I formulated Optimal Adrenal to help with this. Doctors are finding it very effective with their patients.
  • Electrolytes: stress increases potassium loss and sodium retention. This causes weight gain, cell death and a reduced ability to exercise or feel good. If trying to supplement with methylfolate or any type of methyl donor while electrolyte deficient, you are going to have an unpleasant experience. Optimal Electrolyte provides high amounts of potassium, magnesium, D Ribose, taurine and some niacin, creatine and sodium. The taste is also excellent.
These three supplements combined with the information that Dr Kalish provides, you will be on the way to recovering your adrenals - and restoring your methylation.

There is one more that can be significant for you.

If you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning, like I do at times, especially when traveling overseas, consider using NADH + CoQ10 Lozenges.

Reading the reviews will answer your questions.

Many with adrenal fatigue cannot get out of bed. I know I couldn't during med school and still at times I need help.

Should you want this easy way to get out of bed in the morning, here is how I recommend taking NADH + CoQ10 Lozenges:

Place it by your bed stand and when you wake up in the morning, place one lozenge of NADH + CoQ10 under your tongue. Allow it to dissolve. Within about 5 to 10 minutes, you will actually WANT to get up as you will have energy. It sounds crazy I know but it's true. And the cool thing is it is natural and healthy. It is not caffeine or a stimulant. It simply provides your body with ATP!
Ben Lynch, mthfr.net

Last edited:

drob31

I'm compound hetero MTHFR.

I'm not sure I agree with adrenal cortex, and that your "adrenals get burnt out."

That's sort of the mind frame I started in, and then I learned that the adrenals don't get tired, they just do what they're told.

drob31

Sadly I think they're just trying to sell products.

MTHFR is one thing, but selling thousands of dollars worth of products because you assume it may be causing your health problems is uncalled for.

ahmo

@skyebean There's quite a lot of ribose in the mix. You might want to test that, I thoiught it was great, but it then became excitotoxic for me.

@drob31 I noticed your initial comment, decided to let it go, but find myself back on this page.
I'm not sure I agree with adrenal cortex, and that your "adrenals get burnt out."

That's sort of the mind frame I started in, and then I learned that the adrenals don't get tired, they just do what they're told.
I just don't see how your position furthers anything. If we just ignore the adrenals and focus only on the brain, or whoever it is you think is telling them what to do, how can that help? I had a major detox event focussing on my adrenals 5 months ago. It created such enormous changes in aspects of my temperament as to be transformational. Irritability, agitation, low threshold for frustration... things I'd sought to overcome for decades, and which had been improving during my last 3 year healing journey...these essentially resolved. When they reccur I know it's time for coffee enema to clear my adrenals.

Whether we call it adrenal fatigue, adrenal burn-out, adrenal stress...probably most of us are experiencing more stresss, and hence more impact on adrenals, than ever in humman's history. the whole nature of stress, which has gone from fleeing from predator animals, to sitting in traffic day after day, worrying about jobs, money, relationships, etc. etc....the adrenals suffer, the Hypothalamic/Adrenal/Pituitary axis suffers...:balanced:

drob31

@skyebean There's quite a lot of ribose in the mix. You might want to test that, I thoiught it was great, but it then became excitotoxic for me.

@drob31 I noticed your initial comment, decided to let it go, but find myself back on this page.
I just don't see how your position furthers anything. If we just ignore the adrenals and focus only on the brain, or whoever it is you think is telling them what to do, how can that help? I had a major detox event focussing on my adrenals 5 months ago. It created such enormous changes in aspects of my temperament as to be transformational. Irritability, agitation, low threshold for frustration... things I'd sought to overcome for decades, and which had been improving during my last 3 year healing journey...these essentially resolved. When they reccur I know it's time for coffee enema to clear my adrenals.

Whether we call it adrenal fatigue, adrenal burn-out, adrenal stress...probably most of us are experiencing more stresss, and hence more impact on adrenals, than ever in humman's history. the whole nature of stress, which has gone from fleeing from predator animals, to sitting in traffic day after day, worrying about jobs, money, relationships, etc. etc....the adrenals suffer, the Hypothalamic/Adrenal/Pituitary axis suffers...:balanced:

Your improvement with coffee enema's is interesting, but I don't know enough about them to comment. If they are cleansing your liver, then it seems like liver issues may be the root cause of your adrenal dysfunction?

In regards to the HPA-axis, my current line of thinking is that your body doesn't want to be stuck in high or low cortisol mode. The PVN in the hypothalamus is sensing some sort of stress in the form of infection, inflammation, or blood sugar issue, etc. Because of this stress, it's releasing either too much or not enough CRH. So whatever cause it may be, it's the root cause. We can try to supplement with adaptogens and glandulars, and vitamin C, etc, but that's not addressing the root problem. Unless, of course you really do you have pituitary or adrenal tumor.