• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NAC supplement smells funny...

PeterPositive

Hi there,
a few days I got a refill of supplements which contained a bottle of Jarrow's NAC. I know it is expected to smell a bit yucky and when I opened it I wasn't disappointed... it really does smell funny. :wide-eyed:

JR031_id.jpg

Glutathione capsules smell somewhat similar, but it's definitely less intense.

I was wondering if NAC is easy on the stomach... the smell is nauseating and it shuts my stomach down pretty quickly. I am not to sure if want to swallow this ... :lol:

I hope I won't be burping rotten eggs ... :nervous: Sorry, gross.

Cheers

Helen

Hi Peter,

I agree to the bad smell, I can´t even describe it in English...
I think it is pretty hard to the stomach. As it works on the mucose membranes, beside as a precursor to glutathione, even the stomach get affected. I take it with the amino acid glutamine that lessens the irritation. Good luck!!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I just cracked open new bottle of that and it reminds of the developing fluid photographers used to use.

I've also take the Sustain Valentijn mentioned and neither of them gave me any stomach issues.