• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Results of my blood and urine tests

I've had a lot of blood and some urine tests done lately. Here are some anomolies:

Creatinine 30mmol/24 hours (7-22)
Pralaction 15 ug/L (<15)
Total Testosterone 11 nmol/L (10-33)
SHBG 15 nmol/L (13-71)
Free T3 6.8 pmol/L (2.8-6.8)

Last edited:

halcyon

As I mentioned in your other thread, I've had transient elevated creatinine as well and I can't figure out why.

Regarding prolactin, there's really no good reason for this to be elevated in males and it being elevated is probably what's lowering your testosterone. Prolactin inhibits LH and FSH, which are the hormones that stimulate testosterone production. I have both of these abnormalities as well and they have gotten worse over time as I have become sicker. Mildly elevated prolactin is probably not a sign of a prolactinoma, and if you've had a clean MRI that visualized the pituitary that usually rules prolactinoma out as well. I believe the only remaining option is that if your immune system is being activated by something you will have lymphocytes releasing prolactin as an inflammitory cytokine.

What were your TSH and T4 levels?

I guess that explains why my LH is low too. I havent had an MRI yet but want to. I discussed with my endo about doing a radioactive iodine uptake test, not sure I will go through with that yet. Here are the other results

TSH 1.5 mU/L (0.4-4.0)
Free T4 17pmol/L (10-20)
LH 4IU/L (3-20)
Oestradiol 133 (<150)

halcyon

May not be a bad idea to do the test but you don't look to be overtly hyperthyroid. I assume you're not taking any thyroid medication?

I was incorrect earlier, there can be some other causes of elevated prolactin, see this list. Might be a good idea to ask the endo if a workup for hyperprolactinaemia would be worthwhile.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I've had a lot of blood and some urine tests done lately. Here are some anomolies:
Creatinine 30mmol/24 hours (7-22)

I looked at this and thought it could be due to having more muscle mass than the average person and then I realized that your username is "LIFT." Compared to the average guy, are you more muscular than most? It could also be due to high intake of meat.

Jonathan Edwards

"Gibberish"
These tests look to be normal to me lift. All in the normal range except prolactin just on the limit, which is unlikely to mean much, although you should go by your endocrinologist's advice of course. I don't think the high creatinine output is a problem - it just means that you are eating stuff that is being degraded eventually to creatinine and you are peeing it out. The problem would be if it was low and your kidneys were not getting rid of creatinine. As has been said above you may be producing more creatinine if a lot of your protein intact is being routed through muscle.