• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulphate or sulphite testing strips?!

Can someone tell me which I should be getting to test sulphur or sulphite levels in the urine? are they both the same thing? Have others found this a useful test?
Thanks

Can someone tell me which I should be getting to test sulphur or sulphite levels in the urine? are they both the same thing? Have others found this a useful test?
Thanks
I don't think there are any on the marked intended for use in human urine.

People often use ones designed for industrial use in testing drinking water instead. Variations in pH distort the reading, causing lots of adorable confused faces when they try to figure out why their results don't seem to relate to anything they're doing regarding diet or supplements.

So not worth me trying then? How do you find out if your sulphur is too high then? Have done a nutreval test and that shows very high taurine which I believe is connected to sulphur?

BadBadBear

My integrative MD had me get Quantofix Sulfate strips. Amazon has them.

Sulfite strips are not the ones you want. I first ordered those by mistake.