• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My recent virus infection-Confirmed CFS

joe12

It seems that I got a new viral infection recently from a mosquito bite. The symptoms of this infection gave me a flashback to the time where my worst symptoms started five years ago, which seemed to develop over a six month period but started also around this time of the year. The main symptom was sinus pressure and pain, but also anxiety, weakness, some vertigo, and sweating but no fever. All of these symptoms where exacerbated this time to a similar degree compared to the first time.

I recently started a methylation protocol hoping to reduce long term aggravation from this infection. I also took some penicillin because of a co-infection of the gums.

I was told by an immunologist to wait for the methylation, and it seems the reason was fear that mutated cells from the viral infection would increase.

I am now looking forward to finding a targeted treatment for sinus viral infection.

I hope that you find your treatment for the sinus viral infection.... I'm glad I don't have mosquitoes here, but I do find that if I get any new kind of infection, it really floors me.. I call it a relapse.. and it sucks! I currently have a dental abscess and I honestly feel like I have been hit by a truck. Wishing you well and hope that you are feeling a bit stonger soon. :)

joe12

I hope that you find your treatment for the sinus viral infection.... I'm glad I don't have mosquitoes here, but I do find that if I get any new kind of infection, it really floors me.. I call it a relapse.. and it sucks! I currently have a dental abscess and I honestly feel like I have been hit by a truck. Wishing you well and hope that you are feeling a bit stonger soon. :)
Thank you. I hope you will also see improvement soon for your dental abscess. It seems that we tend to suffer from dental problems. One of my molars shows bone deterioration and I did have some bleeding recently but this started before I got the new virus.

I will soon try a mixture of NAC, reishi, arginine, and beconase powder for sinus rinsing, which was recommended to me by Hip. I also am thinking about trying Ponaris embollient. However I feel that for top results I should wait for this bout of symptoms and current virus to decrease, and methylation probably helps.

One thing that could help in the maximization of the detoxifying qualities of methylation is the use of certain kinds of natural extracts for the production of glutathione transferases. I think this product could be good for this. http://www.completenutritionandwellness.com/store/clear-way-cofactors.html