• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Proven Treatment-Cure for Chronic Epsten Barr Virus

I got rid of my M. pneumoniae infection with clarithromycin. (I have before and after blood tests.) I don't feel significantly better.

A fair-skinned person (e.g. yours truly) who spent fours hours in the sun would be painfully sunburned. I've gotten a burn in 20 min. Both my parents had skin cancer. Thanks but no thanks.

Hi,

Like other CFID sufferers i see on the net, i notice excessive negativity and a lack of ability to approach problems with an open mind...the end result is failure to achieve the goal of strong health.

For getting Vitamin D-3 sun exposure, there are millions of fair skinned people working outdoor jobs 5 working days a week with about 25% skin exposure.........This has been going on for many years and in general they are very healthy as a result. For those living in locations with more Northerly latitudes the angle of the summer Sun in the sky is lower so Ultraviolet Radiation is filtered and reduced by the atmosphere, giving them protection from skin cancer. For those in Southern latitudes the angle of the sun is higher in the sky so Solar radiation is higher. The solution: It’s a matter of just taking your sunbathing at off-peak noon hours. This means that the hours of 8 am to 10 am, and 4 pm to 6 pm summer times are best to greatly reduce possibility of skin cancer. In addition, if wearing few clothes such as 90% sun exposure, the time needed to achieve 75,000 IU is only 1,25 to 1.5 hours for a young fair skinned person. For someone above 55 years age, the Vitamin D production efficiency is lower so add another half hour. For CEBV daily dosage this means you can do half of that total time. That’s not bad at all, no more than one hour of 90% sun exposure daily to combat CEBV. On top of this if a patient does not want the sun, they can find bottled Vitamin D-3. So with all of these choices, why the negativity?

Good job with eliminating the Mycoplasma Pneumonia, did you have its symptoms since the beginning of your CFID infection and did it stay with you for years? If not it’s possible that the strain of Mycoplasma Pneumonia you had was a mild strain, the one called "Atypical Pneumonia or Walking Pneumonia". The majority of those who have CFID including a Mycoplasma Bacterial Infection have virulent strains of Mycoplasma that are very, very difficult to eradicate through conventional antibiotic regimes.

Would you like to greatly enhance your ability to resist skin cancer while still working freely outdoors? There are natural methods that people are not aware of. And doctors are not aware of.

Abdulrahman

ukxmrv

Abdulrahman, when ever I see a claim prefaced by " i notice excessive negativity and a lack of ability to approach problems with an open mind...the end result is failure to achieve the goal of strong health" i don't know whether to laugh or cry, but the writer loses respect in my eyes.

Since the 80's I have belonged to ME and CFS both as a member at meetings and then as the internet evolved to some of the early experimental treatment groups, up to the present day and this group.

I've seen patients desperate enough to drink their own urine, undergo deep sleep therapy with drugs for a week, buy drugs off the internet, leave their homes and move to another country without any belongings, travel to take experimental drugs, undergo fasting regimes, change their diets to something different, exercise until they were bed bound, buy drugs developed for animals, go into debt to follow a medical recommendation, take supplements until their stomachs could not longer digest them and the list goes on and on.

What I haven't seen are closed minds to treatment. When I respond to your post I am responding as someone who has tried experimental treatment after experimental treatment for decades. You are not seeing negativity.

There are many thousands of us. We don't need a lecture or your opinion. Just the facts.

Abdulrahman, when ever I see a claim prefaced by " i notice excessive negativity and a lack of ability to approach problems with an open mind...the end result is failure to achieve the goal of strong health" i don't know whether to laugh or cry, but the writer loses respect in my eyes.

Since the 80's I have belonged to ME and CFS both as a member at meetings and then as the internet evolved to some of the early experimental treatment groups, up to the present day and this group.

I've seen patients desperate enough to drink their own urine, undergo deep sleep therapy with drugs for a week, buy drugs off the internet, leave their homes and move to another country without any belongings, travel to take experimental drugs, undergo fasting regimes, change their diets to something different, exercise until they were bed bound, buy drugs developed for animals, go into debt to follow a medical recommendation, take supplements until their stomachs could not longer digest them and the list goes on and on.

What I haven't seen are closed minds to treatment. When I respond to your post I am responding as someone who has tried experimental treatment after experimental treatment for decades. You are not seeing negativity.

There are many thousands of us. We don't need a lecture or your opinion. Just the facts.

Hi,

I was talking about the closed minded CFID sufferers. If you do not fit that category then it does not apply to you. I have seen many who are closed minded, and of the population of CFID sufferers i follow on the internet, these are the ones who have acheived very little improvement in quality of life.

If you made many experimental methods of treatments thats good and we have little choice in doing that.

In Conclusion: I hope you took away something technically important from the above message, its meant to mostly provide detailed knowledge for those who want to treat themselves.

Mij

@Abdulrahman the issue is coming here and giving medical advice. It seems your interpretation of negavtivity is more of defense because many of us dont' agree with you. We have provided you information as to why hgih doses of vitamin D are dangerous. The university of Melbourne will be/or is conducting a study on vitamin D and whether
inflammation is behind things such as infections and that might actually reduce vitamin D levels.

A deficiency could be a marker for illness rather than an illness being caused by a lack of vitamin D.

Hi,

I was talking about the closed minded CFID sufferers. If you do not fit that category then it does not apply to you. I have seen many who are closed minded, and of the population of CFID sufferers i follow on the internet, these are the ones who have acheived very little improvement in quality of life.

If you made many experimental methods of treatments thats good and we have little choice in doing that.

In Conclusion: I hope you took away something technically important from the above message, its meant to mostly provide detailed knowledge for those who want to treat themselves.

When you refer to 'CFID sufferers', I am assuming you are referring to CFIDS -- Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome. Just because a person with ME doesn't want to try a given therapy that doesn't make them 'close-minded'. Perhaps, they have looked at the research and decided against it. Perhaps their health care practitioner has advised them not to take hefty doses of something because it will have an adverse effect on their already compromised health status. There are many reasons other than being closed-minded that one would avoid a certain treatment. The absolute worst thing you can do is to blame somebody for staying ill because they failed to do something due to close-mindedness. I will not take huge doses of Vitamin D because my own research from various sources has suggested this will adversely affect my health. Nor will I follow the EBV protocol originally suggested in this thread because it does not apply to me. That doesn't make me close-minded, I think if anything it's very open-minded to research any given protocol and decide what's best for one's own health.

As for providing us with 'detailed knowledge for those who want to treat themselves', that's a bit insulting too. I don't know of one person on these forum who does not want to get better. Many self-treat. Many have tried dozens of different protocols, meds, supplements, gadgets -- you name it. Because some don't agree with you doesn't mean they are negative people who want to stay ill.

@Abdulrahman the issue is coming here and giving medical advice. It seems your interpretation of negavtivity is more of defense because many of us dont' agree with you. We have provided you information as to why hgih doses of vitamin D are dangerous. The university of Melbourne will be/or is conducting a study on vitamin D and whether
inflammation is behind things such as infections and that might actually reduce vitamin D levels.

A deficiency could be a marker for illness rather than an illness being caused by a lack of vitamin D.

Hello Mj,

Are you aware of how much Vitamin D-3 your body can produce in one day of being out in sunlight? Can you provide me with a rough range according to your knowledge?

Abdulrahman

When you refer to 'CFID sufferers', I am assuming you are referring to CFIDS -- Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome. Just because a person with ME doesn't want to try a given therapy that doesn't make them 'close-minded'. Perhaps, they have looked at the research and decided against it. Perhaps their health care practitioner has advised them not to take hefty doses of something because it will have an adverse effect on their already compromised health status. There are many reasons other than being closed-minded that one would avoid a certain treatment. The absolute worst thing you can do is to blame somebody for staying ill because they failed to do something due to close-mindedness. I will not take huge doses of Vitamin D because my own research from various sources has suggested this will adversely affect my health. Nor will I follow the EBV protocol originally suggested in this thread because it does not apply to me. That doesn't make me close-minded, I think if anything it's very open-minded to research any given protocol and decide what's best for one's own health.

As for providing us with 'detailed knowledge for those who want to treat themselves', that's a bit insulting too. I don't know of on
e person on these forum who does not want to get better. Many self-treat. Many have tried dozens of different protocols, meds, supplements, gadgets -- you name it. Because some don't agree with you doesn't mean they are negative people who want to stay ill.

My replies:

1- Those who are interested in my CEBV or CFID treatment protocol outlined in this thread and the knowledge and find a logical explanation per their understanding, will value the knowledge and detail experience shared. They will also question it but with respect for the achievements. Such people will make their own decisions.
2- Those CFIDS sufferers who do not believe in it are free to choose what they believe in.
3- Nobody has asked you to take Vitamin D doses. I think you are confused here. A CEBV patient on CureZone used Vitamin D at high doses as part of his anti-EBV treatment regime. I shared his treatment and experience. Since you do not have EBV or CEBV then this does not apply to you.
4- If you have not personally met CFIDS sufferers who are negative or close minded, then this is your personal experience not mine. I have. So don't confuse the issue
5- I find many open minded CFIDS patients and some agree with my protocol and some don't but they maintain an open mind. I learned from many of these people.
6- The last paragraph you wrote is a complete misunderstanding of my statement. The statement means that i spent the time and energy to compose detailed explanations which cover many questions. This effort is meant to serve those who want to treat themselves....meaning those wanting to treat themselves using methods similar to this protocol. But you had to take off on a tangent hoping to find or create something negative.......speaks volumes about your approach.

Abdulrahman

Gingergrrl

I agree with everything @Kina said. I posted in another thread yesterday that when a poster is this invested that they have found "The Cure" they will continue to post and argue with people because even Negative attention is still attention to them that they are craving. The only way to stop it is to go silent and they will eventually stop. Just my two cents!

My replies:

1- Those who are interested in my CEBV or CFID treatment protocol outlined in this thread and the knowledge and find a logical explanation per their understanding, will value the knowledge and detail experience shared. They will also question it but with respect for the achievements. Such people will make their own decisions.
2- Those CFIDS sufferers who do not believe in it are free to choose what they believe in.
3- Nobody has asked you to take Vitamin D doses. I think you are confused here. A CEBV patient on CureZone used Vitamin D at high doses as part of his anti-EBV treatment regime. I shared his treatment and experience. Since you do not have EBV or CEBV then this does not apply to you.
4- If you have not personally met CFIDS sufferers who are negative or close minded, then this is your personal experience not mine. I have. So don't confuse the issue
5- I find many open minded CFIDS patients and some agree with my protocol and some don't but they maintain an open mind. I learned from many of these people.
6- The last paragraph you wrote is a complete misunderstanding of my statement. The statement means that i spent the time and energy to compose detailed explanations which cover many questions. This effort is meant to serve those who want to treat themselves....meaning those wanting to treat themselves using methods similar to this protocol. But you had to take off on a tangent hoping to find or create something negative.......speaks volumes about your approach.

Abdulrahman

I was absolutely not trying to create something negative and if you would like to take this up with me privately to educate me what exactly is speaking volumes about my approach, please do because this thread needs to go back on track.

Mij

Hello Mj,

Are you aware of how much Vitamin D-3 your body can produce in one day of being out in sunlight? Can you provide me with a rough range according to your knowledge?

Abdulrahman

Test your vitamin D [25(OH)D] levels every 3 months and make sure that your blood levels are within the safe and healthy range. This is why they have reference ranges. Some people have problems with conversion and this could lead to possible toxicity.

I'm curious to know why you edited your original post from taking 20,000ius to the new revised 10,000ius.

JalapenoLuv

This won't work. Zakay-Rones found that all Sambucol does it inhibit influenza and HIV viruses. We don't know if it is effective against EBV. Assuming it is, since viruses are integrated into the cell, when you stop taking it the virus will return. At best it is a way to cut the EBV down but because CFS patients have impaired immunity it probably will recur. Not sure why you think it's a good treatment.

Zakay-Rones Z, Varsano N, Zlotnik M, Manor O, Regev L, Schlesinger M,
Mumcuoglu M. Inhibition of several strains of influenza virus in vitro and
reduction of symptoms by an elderberry extract (Sambucus nigra L.) during an
outbreak of influenza B Panama. J Altern Complement Med. 1995 Winter;1(4):361-9.
PubMed PMID: 9395631. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9395631

Last edited by a moderator:

JalapenoLuv

Sunlight produces around 5000 IU vit D3 for a safe tolerable time period. The mayo clinic has a good page on Vit D megadose effects Doctors occassionally give megadoses around 600,000 IU, 100,000x the RDA. However, there is no reason to think that just giving CFS patients a megadose of D3 alone will help them and it will probably harm them from an overdose.

Because vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, it is stored in your body rather than eliminated in the urine like vitamin C and other water-soluble vitamins. If you take too much vitamin D, it can build up in organs over time and cause health problems. Taking megadoses may increase the risk of falls and fractures, according to MayoClinic.com. Other adverse effects caused by megadoses of vitamin D include an increased risk of bladder infections, excessive calcium in the blood, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness, ringing in the ears, kidney impairment and an increased risk of cancer.
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/much-megadose-vitamin-d-6034.html

This won't work. Zakay-Rones found that all Sambucol does it inhibit influenza and HIV viruses. We don't know if it is effective against EBV. Assuming it is, since viruses are integrated into the cell, when you stop taking it the virus will return. At best it is a way to cut the EBV down but because CFS patients have impaired immunity it probably will recur. Not sure why you think it's a good treatment.

Zakay-Rones Z, Varsano N, Zlotnik M, Manor O, Regev L, Schlesinger M,
Mumcuoglu M. Inhibition of several strains of influenza virus in vitro and
reduction of symptoms by an elderberry extract (Sambucus nigra L.) during an
outbreak of influenza B Panama. J Altern Complement Med. 1995 Winter;1(4):361-9.
PubMed PMID: 9395631. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9395631

Hello,

Sambucol has anti-herpes virus action [ EBV and CMV are from the Herpes family] , see below link:

http://www.inspirednutrition.com/sambucol-clinical-effect-on-herpes-and-hiv.html

The next item is to address the fact that Rhinovirus infections and other Influenza or common cold visues are co-infections that occur in parrallel with the Chronic Fatigue patients CEBV infection or HHIV-6 infection, or CMV. This is because the herpes viruses infections greatly weaken the immune system, and then we are easily attacked by the run of the mill viruses as co-infections. What this means is that the Herpes viruses live in Synergy with other viral infections; when you become weak from respiratory viruses, then your CMV or EBV is colonizing faster and multiplying because your immune system is overloaded with diseases.

So then one solution is to alway take on a daily basis, natural anti-virals that are active against the co-infections, so that the synergy does not start. This is important because co-infections of the repiratory tract maximise the ability of Herpes family viruses to maintain an active infection.

Thank you,

Abdulrahman

JalapenoLuv

This really sounds like an ad for Sambucol.

Hello,

Sambucol has anti-herpes virus action [ EBV and CMV are from the Herpes family] , see below link:

http://www.inspirednutrition.com/sambucol-clinical-effect-on-herpes-and-hiv.html

The link has no research substantiating that sambucol is effective against ebv. If it was one would think they could do this quite easily. I don't even see any unpaid testimonials from MDs saying how wonderful it is.

The next item is to address the fact that Rhinovirus infections and other Influenza or common cold visues are co-infections that occur in parrallel with the Chronic Fatigue patients CEBV infection or HHIV-6 infection, or CMV. This is because the herpes viruses infections greatly weaken the immune system, and then we are easily attacked by the run of the mill viruses as co-infections.

Actually most patients with herpes have no significant immune system dysfunction. Aside from intermittent lip sores they can mount a vigorous immune response.

snowathlete

On the issue of our birth being Anecdotal or not, I have a true story. Way back when i was 11 years old the parents of a young, sweet and pleasant fellow female student told her the truth. One day she came to school crying and in deep emotional unhappiness. We found out that she learned after living 11 years with her family, that she was actually an adopted child. Before that time she just took it as a fact that these were her birth parents, when actually it turned out to be Anecdotal. It was a sad story to those of us who knew her and i hope she is happy in her life today.

So this is why i said to the person who questioned my story [without any evidence that it was wrong] that we are all Anecdotal, you never know when the facts come out differently to what you assumed was solid information.

I don't think your example is ideal for explaining whether something is fact or anecdote. And it's important people understand the difference so they can make reasoned decisions on whether to follow you protocol, or not.

In your example, your friend's true birth circumstances (and her adoption) were recorded (It's certainly reasonable to assume so as most cases are) and anyone who wanted to check the supposed facts could have done so, at which point they would have discovered the real truth that her adoptive parent's longstanding story was false.

Your treatment protocol irrespective of whether it works or not (I'm making no personal judgement on that in this post) is anecdontal because there is a lack of sufficient evidence that can be looked at to judge it as factually working - largely, we have to take your word for it. Unlike in the example with the adopted child.

This really sounds like an ad for Sambucol.

The link has no research substantiating that sambucol is effective against ebv. If it was one would think they could do this quite easily. I don't even see any unpaid testimonials from MDs saying how wonderful it is.

Actually most patients with herpes have no significant immune system dysfunction. Aside from intermittent lip sores they can mount a vigorous immune response.

There is no need to use the exact brand name Sambucol...but you asked about it. There are many good brand names of Elderberry Extract which have similar antiviral effect.

For detailed information on Herpes viruses [ which includes EBV and CMV by the way], i strongly suggest you study this in depth by reading serious medical articles and book chapters on the issue of Immune Dysfunction caused by EBV, CEBV, CMV, HHIV-6......they are all damaging to the immune ssytem. They greatly weaken the overall immune response.

Your comments above on immune effects only apply to HSV-1 & 2.

Last edited:

Butydoc

Hi,

Like other CFID sufferers i see on the net, i notice excessive negativity and a lack of ability to approach problems with an open mind...the end result is failure to achieve the goal of strong health.

For getting Vitamin D-3 sun exposure, there are millions of fair skinned people working outdoor jobs 5 working days a week with about 25% skin exposure.........This has been going on for many years and in general they are very healthy as a result. For those living in locations with more Northerly latitudes the angle of the summer Sun in the sky is lower so Ultraviolet Radiation is filtered and reduced by the atmosphere, giving them protection from skin cancer. For those in Southern latitudes the angle of the sun is higher in the sky so Solar radiation is higher. The solution: It’s a matter of just taking your sunbathing at off-peak noon hours. This means that the hours of 8 am to 10 am, and 4 pm to 6 pm summer times are best to greatly reduce possibility of skin cancer. In addition, if wearing few clothes such as 90% sun exposure, the time needed to achieve 75,000 IU is only 1,25 to 1.5 hours for a young fair skinned person. For someone above 55 years age, the Vitamin D production efficiency is lower so add another half hour. For CEBV daily dosage this means you can do half of that total time. That’s not bad at all, no more than one hour of 90% sun exposure daily to combat CEBV. On top of this if a patient does not want the sun, they can find bottled Vitamin D-3. So with all of these choices, why the negativity?

Good job with eliminating the Mycoplasma Pneumonia, did you have its symptoms since the beginning of your CFID infection and did it stay with you for years? If not it’s possible that the strain of Mycoplasma Pneumonia you had was a mild strain, the one called "Atypical Pneumonia or Walking Pneumonia". The majority of those who have CFID including a Mycoplasma Bacterial Infection have virulent strains of Mycoplasma that are very, very difficult to eradicate through conventional antibiotic regimes.

Would you like to greatly enhance your ability to resist skin cancer while still working freely outdoors? There are natural methods that people are not aware of. And doctors are not aware of.

Abdulrahman
Hi Abdulrahman,

I'm very interested in your experience in preventing skin cancer while working outside. Skin cancer has been an interest of mine for the past 30 years. I'm one of those doctors who is not aware of your natural methods. Are these methods that you are alluding to you're personal experience or some research paper describing the outcomes?

Best,
Gary

JalapenoLuv

Hello,

So then one solution is to alway take on a daily basis, natural anti-virals that are active against the co-infections, so that the synergy does not start. This is important because co-infections of the repiratory tract maximise the ability of Herpes family viruses to maintain an active infection.

Thank you,

Abdulrahman

Anti-viral supplements are too expensive to take on a continuous basis for most people. They also taste nasty.

For most people it's irrelevant and ineffective. Once you have CFS they are present.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
With any cure that does not have good solid scientific studies to back up the claim, the question that needs asking in my opinion is:

Define precisely who this is a cure for and how certain are you that this will work?

IreneF

Hi Abdulrahman,

I'm very interested in your experience in preventing skin cancer while working outside. Skin cancer has been an interest of mine for the past 30 years. I'm one of those doctors who is not aware of your natural methods. Are these methods that you are alluding to you're personal experience or some research paper describing the outcomes?

Best,
Gary
Ditto to that. My skin's in terrible shape, and I've hardly been outside in years. Both my parents had skin cancer. My present to myself if I ever recover will be a visit to a dermatologist.