• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Experiencing different types of fatigue daily...

soxfan

I know there are different types of fatigue associated with CFS/ME. I was curious if anyone else experiences these different types on a daily basis. For a few days in a row I can have the drowsy type where I can hardly stay upright...but not sleep. It almost feels like I have taking a sleeping pill and being forced to stay awake.

Then there are days when I can hardly move and it feels more like malaise. I am able to easily stay up and read etc.

Then I have days where I am just plain old tired but able to function somewhat and do errands.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for this as far as I can tell and when I get up in the morning I have no idea what type I will be experiencing on a particular day. It is becoming more difficult to even make any kind of plans since I have no idea what I will feel like.

For 4 days now I have had the drowsy fatigue where I am able to stay up and about for about an hour but then have to lay down for a couple hours....on and off.

My sleep always seems to be the same so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Does anyone know what causes these different fatigue feelings?

*GG*

Hmm, I wonder if you do not feel the repercussions of what you do for 48 to 72 hours? I went for a little bike ride on Friday. I didn't get out of bed until about 4pm yesterday! Think I was asleep for at least 12 hours, did fall asleep on the couch until 5am, then went into my bed.

It seems that I can feel fine the day after doing some pretty physical stuff, its the days after that I am noticing issues!

GG

soxfan

GG- I honestly have done nothing for the past 4 days...haven't been able to do much of anything. This weird drowsiness started on Friday and I only left the house this morning to get a few things at the store.

I have been laying down on and off since then....I don't have problems with physical activity...it is all social or mental activities that do me in.

There is no way I can ever sleep during the day no matter how tired I am. My body just doesn't settle down enough. I also am up at 7am every morning. That is when I wake up and I just can't sleep any longer My bedtime is always the same...in bed at nine thirty....asleep by ten thirty...but I do wake up several times at night usually feeling like my heart is pounding out of my chest with adrenaline coursing through my body...

*GG*

GG- I honestly have done nothing for the past 4 days...haven't been able to do much of anything. This weird drowsiness started on Friday and I only left the house this morning to get a few things at the store.

I have been laying down on and off since then....I don't have problems with physical activity...it is all social or mental activities that do me in.

There is no way I can ever sleep during the day no matter how tired I am. My body just doesn't settle down enough. I also am up at 7am every morning. That is when I wake up and I just can't sleep any longer My bedtime is always the same...in bed at nine thirty....asleep by ten thirty...but I do wake up several times at night usually feeling like my heart is pounding out of my chest with adrenaline coursing through my body...

Hmm, was hoping to provide some insight. Perhaps the little social and/or mental activities have been enough to keep you down? I'm feeling less energetic these days, perhaps it is because winter is coming? Not sure. Just a lot blah lately!

GG

halcyon

Have you taken your body temperature while having the drowsiness? I've recently been having the drowsy fatigue suddenly coming on and found it correlates with a strong fever.

soxfan

My body temp actually runs around 97.6. The only time it is higher is when I am really sick...I have hypothyroidism which is probably a factor..

JAM

Jill
I had that for 5 years, just a constant cycle of strange varieties of fatigue and pain with no rhyme or reason. Olive leaf extract eliminated all of it (At least I've been symptom free for a week, which hasn't happened for 5 years), but it took 6 months.

drob31

I had that for 5 years, just a constant cycle of strange varieties of fatigue and pain with no rhyme or reason. Olive leaf extract eliminated all of it (At least I've been symptom free for a week, which hasn't happened for 5 years), but it took 6 months.

How much olive leaf extract a day? We're you taking it for it's immune system modulating properties?