• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Praise God: Social Security disability approved

jerrymcfadyen

I talked with a lady at the SS Disability determination service. She told me that my disability has been approved and that they are finalizing every thing now. I should hear something from them no later than first of October.

This was my first attempt at applying for disability so it's pretty exciting news. God kept saying "trust me" all the way through this process and I truly have been trying but it sure is hard.

THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!

Gingergrrl

@jerrymcfadyen I am really happy for you and you must be so relieved that this worked out. I admire your strong faith as well and it is hard not to lose faith when you are so sick. Congrats! Although sorry you are in this position to begin with.

jerrymcfadyen

Great news! Do you have any pointers? I'm just about to try applying for my first time.

I used a lawyer for my first application. I'm not sure if that really helped or not but they did get every possible form filled out "just in case."
A friend of mine also used a lawyer but SS sent his application back wanting more forms filled out. I feel like I got a trustworthy local lawyer. I think that helped. I also believe strongly in prayer.

barbc56

Wow @jerrymcfadyen, that's amazing! Ninety percent of applications are automatically turned down the first time.. The system as you probably know, is notoriously inept. People have had to wait years before getting disability. In all fairness, the number of judges to take these cases is low and the whole system is affected.

Fortunately, I had private disability through my work.

But back to you! Congratulations!! . This must be an incredible relief.:thumbsup:

Barb

rosie26

So pleased for you that your disability was accepted. Fabulous :balloons: It can be very stressful dealing with these departments when so sick.