• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

AHRQ draft article on ME/CFS diagnosis and treatment, needs comments!

Ruthie24

http://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq...rts/?pageaction=displayProduct&productID=1976

This appears to be the same old "GET and CBT are effective and nothing else is proven to be" review article. The difference is that is says in the opening statement that it may be used to help set practice guidelines and was funded by NIH. It's a draft and comment period is open until October 20th 2014.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I've been a little out of the loop recently and didn't see it when I was looking for it in the various forums.

alex3619

No, I believe that is the reply period on the report they release in December i.e. a separate deadline.
Thanks for the clarification.

This was posted elsewhere
We have until October 20th to respond to the evidence review. That time is unchanged.

The extension is in the response period on the P2P report, extended to 30 days (from the original 15).

Last edited:

Ruthie24

Thanks! I knew I could count on you all to know about this. I was aware of the P2P thing but somehow missed the connection with this. Blaming it on brain fog. :confused: Thanks for straightening me out. :thumbsup: