• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anybody know if there is a sublingual methylfolate available?

Avalon

Hi, I note that I have had a slight increase in acid reflux after starting methylfolate and wondered whether there is sublingual product available. I am currently taking Jarrow methyfolate capsules

Thanks.

halcyon

I've found the Solgar tablets will dissolve sublingually. I have no idea how well methylfolate is absorbed by that route however.

Avalon

I've found the Solgar tablets will dissolve sublingually. I have no idea how well methylfolate is absorbed by that route however.

Brilliant!, I will check it out. I have a sensitive stomach and most folks on here take b12 as sublingual, so why not mfolate! I would also be interested to know how well absorbed it is sublingually.

PeterPositive

I have used these sublingual lozenges for a while:
http://www.seekinghealth.com/active-b12-lozenge.html

They seem to be well absorbed, even too much for my taste! :eek::)

I got lots of anxiety with these at around 800-1000mcg with adrenaline surges that have been very unpleasant to say the least. The same doesn't happen with Metafolin taken orally, even @2000-2400mcg.

My very non-scientific interpretation is that they absorb too fast and they hit my nervous system too quickly. I have noticed the same problem with fast dissolving B12 tablets vs those that dissolve more slowly. The former typically give me some anxiety.

cheers

Avalon

I have used these sublingual lozenges for a while:
http://www.seekinghealth.com/active-b12-lozenge.html

They seem to be well absorbed, even too much for my taste! :eek::)

I got lots of anxiety with these at around 800-1000mcg with adrenaline surges that have been very unpleasant to say the least. The same doesn't happen with Metafolin taken orally, even @2000-2400mcg.

My very non-scientific interpretation is that they absorb too fast and they hit my nervous system too quickly. I have noticed the same problem with fast dissolving B12 tablets vs those that dissolve more slowly. The former typically give me some anxiety.

cheers

I'm using Jarrow MB12, it dissolves slowly over a couple of hours or so, which is perfect for me as it spreads over the dose over the morning. I would like to take mfolate that way as it seems to affect my stomach. I was looking at seeking health active B12 but decided against it as it would be difficult to titrate but would use it once I have my individual sups upto those specified on the active b12 product label. I know Fredd says do not use Jarrow mb12, but I have found it to be good!

Lou

I'm using Jarrow MB12, it dissolves slowly over a couple of hours or so, which is perfect for me as it spreads over the dose over the morning. I would like to take mfolate that way as it seems to affect my stomach. I was looking at seeking health active B12 but decided against it as it would be difficult to titrate but would use it once I have my individual sups upto those specified on the active b12 product label. I know Fredd says do not use Jarrow mb12, but I have found it to be good!

Wonder if they've returned to their original formula? Jarrow's once had the very best b12, but it stopped working for me when they changed it.

Avalon

Wonder if they've returned to their original formula? Jarrow's once had the very best b12, but it stopped working for me when they changed it.
It certainly works for me, so they may have adjusted in the light of historical comments made on this forum.

NilaJones

Folapro is flavorless and I think it would be fine sublingually.

Heck, maybe I even took it that way :).