• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

during methylation what are considered folate defeciencies?

Aerose91

I've just started with 1mg methylb12 and will probably start methylfolate soon. But I'm not sure how to tell if you are having "defeciency" symptoms according to Freddd (Which means you need to increase the dose from what I understand)
The symptoms are all signs of anemia like muscle weakness and mental dysfunction. I have all of those to a major degree all the time. I used to have neuropathy also but no more.

So how do we tell if it's something caused by the supplements or just the disease itself?

ahmo

Most of the symptoms of Mfolate as Freddd documents them are epithelial related, which itself is a huge range. Rashes on head, acne, cracking at corners of mouth...look in the pdf linkd to my name. You'll see some of this info in the doc, plus links to his lists at the end. B12 deficiency: This thread might offer a list of deficiency symptoms. Sorry I can't be more specific, my brain doesn't retain this info, so I'd have to do the search myself.:redface:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/the-stages-of-methylation-and-healing.21725/
Freddd: Read my posts describing the levels near the beginning and the lists of symptoms by nutrients towards the end, 6 posts of those I think. Then lets talk about it and you ask what remaining questions you have.\

The Enzymatic Therapy MeCbl is more effective and reliable than most injections except for the very best MeCbl prepared under light free conditions. Light breaks it down to HyCbl which compared to MeCbl/AdoCbl is all but totally worthless for healing neurology.

Freddd: I could actually live with most of the neuro symptoms but I want my energy back

You need to understand the stakes you are playing for here. Neurological damage is caused partly by lack of ATP production in the mitochondria of the brain. For your neurology to heal you have to first restore the energy production. L-carnitine and AdoCbl and MeCbl and l-methylfolate is needed for neuroblast formation for growing neurons.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/b12-documentary.21478/page-3#post-391835
Thought I’d add still more signs/symptoms of B12 deficiency here. Skin changes: hyperpigmentation, vitiligo, and hypopigmentation are included.

These changes can happen early, before blood and neurological abnormalities occur.

Sometimes, the hyperpigmentation can be mistaken for other conditions, such as Addison’s disease.

http://journal.nzma.org.nz/journal/124-1342/4867/ http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3691896/

Aerose91

Thanks ahmo, that really helps.

All the stuff Freddd mentions about the neurological damage not being able to heal makes me nervous, this entire disease for me IS neurological damage in my brain. The further along I get the more I realize that damage to your brain does differ largely from your body.

ahmo

@Aerose91 I don't think Fred says neurological damage can't heal. He talks a lot about his neurological issues healing. For me, after 1.5 years on the protocol, I call myself something like 70% improved. Yet really that healing's mostly neurological. My physical stamina has a long way to go. And as far as that, Fred counselled not to confuse healing w/ rehabilitation, that rehabilitation takes another year. So I'm still crossing fingers that there's more physical improvement.

But my life-long insomnia is gone, all the twitchy sorts of symptoms gone; sensitivity to light and noise vastly improved; over-heating and sensitivity to heat, gone; brain fog gone, even tho my short-term memory is pretty poor; irritability, agitation, low threshold for frustration: gone... I think my easily-tired arms is nerve-related, tho could be muscle; leg tiring probably muscle...

Anyway, my huge sense of well-being is due to my neurological healing!:thumbsup: Prior to this, life was unbearable.:whistle:

Martial

Thanks ahmo, that really helps.

All the stuff Freddd mentions about the neurological damage not being able to heal makes me nervous, this entire disease for me IS neurological damage in my brain. The further along I get the more I realize that damage to your brain does differ largely from your body.

Fred is an advocate that no matter how far in the rabbit hole you are that the system can always heal, the issue is people never give it what it needs to fully get back. It is a very slow process though sometimes taking years. Neuronal damage in the brain is reversible especially when you are young. Unless you have a terminal
condition like ALS or something there is no reason you cannot fully recover.

On a side note for myself, I wish I could take the L carnatine fumarate, have a full bottle at my house too. It just turns me into a psycho everytime I take it though LOL. Still trying to work on a way to tolerate better so I can throw it back in, maybe use a lower dose or something.

Aerose91

Well that's good to hear. Maybe I haven't read enough of his stuff then, I was mainly referring to this;

"I don't have a "should" on this. I waited 9 months out of ignorance and maybe missed my chance to correct certain neurological problems while they might have been still correctable. The clock is ticking on correction of nervous system problems."

But it would be great if the opposite was true. I'm in for 1.5 years now and am just starting the basics of methylation after some intense PC treatment. Ahmo, happy to hear you've had such great improvements! I hope I can achieve the same

Martial

Well that's good to hear. Maybe I haven't read enough of his stuff then, I was mainly referring to this;

"I don't have a "should" on this. I waited 9 months out of ignorance and maybe missed my chance to correct certain neurological problems while they might have been still correctable. The clock is ticking on correction of nervous system problems."

But it would be great if the opposite was true. I'm in for 1.5 years now and am just starting the basics of methylation after some intense PC treatment. Ahmo, happy to hear you've had such great improvements! I hope I can achieve the same

I doubt you are going to have non reverse able damage from waiting a bit with what you had going on. I am sure you will do great man, look forward to hearing about your progress!

Aerose91

I doubt you are going to have non reverse able damage from waiting a bit with what you had going on. I am sure you will do great man, look forward to hearing about your progress!

Thanks dude, I appreciate the help. Hope you're still progressing well!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
On a side note for myself, I wish I could take the L carnatine fumarate, have a full bottle at my house too. It just turns me into a psycho everytime I take it though LOL. Still trying to work on a way to tolerate better so I can throw it back in, maybe use a lower dose or something.
Have you tried acetyl-L-carnitine? I think Freddd said that those who do not tolerate L-carnitine fumarate do benefit from acetyl-L-carnitine.