• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PS, PC, Lecithin, Acetylcholine....so confused

In trying to get an firm understanding of PS, PC, PI, lecithin, acetylcholine, choline, myoinositol, I've been pursuing my own little research campaign, only to walk away far more confused than where I started. It has been difficult finding resources that take a "see the forest for the trees" approach.
I learn best when I get a basic understanding of the big picture before narrowing in on each item.

Can anyone provide an overview? Or do you know of any resources that do?

Earlier this year I started taking Yasko's PS complex and I'm just wondering if it is the best supplement for my needs, which are related to mitochondria, fatty liver & fertility.

Thank you!!

halcyon

I believe the basic theory behind those combinations of ingredients is for repair of cellular and mitochondrial membranes. I'm not familiar with Yasko's formulation, but NT Factor has the same basic ingredients you listed, plus a few others.

@Radio has a couple threads (here and here) discussing how he used NT Factor, plus other stuff, to good effect. He included some information about how NT Factor is supposed to work in those threads.

There doesn't seem to be much out there in the way of NT Factor supplements and what is out there doesn't appear to get very good ratings.

From what I've read on here, it also seems like it's a mixed bag in terms of success rate.

halcyon

I'm still on the fence about it. I've been using the powder from Allergy Research Group for a few weeks. It's hard to tell if it's doing anything for me and that makes it hard to justify the cost. I also haven't yet worked up to the full recommended dose so I'm going to keep going and finish off the tub at least.

I did have two really good days since taking it where my mind cleared up and I didn't feel as sick, though I had also just started taking some trace minerals as well.

adreno

PR activist
I would just take regular phosphatidylcholine. I have seen no evidence that NT factor is any better.

adreno, what about the other nutrients like phosphatidylserine or phosphatidylinositol? Would you recommend looking into supplementation?

john66

I take PPC, there is a video on you tube by Ed Kane, explaining the differences in choline, phosphatidyl choline etc. I forgot the name of ther company, but his wife is a Phd and there is something called the PK protocol which uses lots of PPC for detox of the cell membrane.

adreno

PR activist
adreno, what about the other nutrients like phosphatidylserine or phosphatidylinositol? Would you recommend looking into supplementation?
Well, phosphatidylcholine is the most important, for membranes and liver health. If you use a product such as this, they do contain all the other phospholipids too, just in smaller proportion.

Last edited: