• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe nose bleeds anyone?

JoanDublin

Joan....As you are in Dublin ,I think it might be a good idea to take your son to see Professor Thompson(Beaumont) as he is an expert on PTHP(pituitary issues too).That GP(mentioned above) who dealt with me all those years ago was an Irish Rugby player(pre War?).I have also contacted an endocrinologist to rule out/or in PTHP, in my case.I now believe I have the latter.According to the Daily Mail article in May and other articles that I have read since, many people being diagnosed with ME/CFS probably have PTHP(and no one has recognised that).NICE seemingly have ignored it and I believe in Scotland a Group there are fighting to get it recognised so, that the patient can get the treatment(hormones etc) that their case may require.It is much easier(cheaper?) to send patients off to Psychiatrists/Psychologists.
Thanks for that info Abha. Im storing it all up. I'll see what the Childrens Hospital suggest next week and take it from there. Its good to have other avenues and recommendations for next steps if needed though so thanks a million. I had to look up PTHP. Its very interesting and not something I had even considered.

I attend Beaumont Hospital myself so I will check this guy out. There may be an issue because my son is a Paediatric case though, but no harm in checking it out

Abha

Abha
Thanks for that info Abha. Im storing it all up. I'll see what the Childrens Hospital suggest next week and take it from there. Its good to have other avenues and recommendations for next steps if needed though so thanks a million. I had to look up PTHP. Its very interesting and not something I had even considered.

I attend Beaumont Hospital myself so I will check this guy out. There may be an issue because my son is a Paediatric case though, but no harm in checking it out

All the best with that Joan.There may not be too much to worry about as in my own case the nosebleeds stopped as I got older(10yrs?have forgotten).Keep us updated or PM me if you wish...

alice111

this might seem strange, but I used to get nosebleeds daily - when I stopped taking vitamin D they stopped. Started vitamin D supplements they came back.. stopped they went away again. just thought id throw that out there! maybe someone else has had the same issue

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I used to get nosebleeds that didn't stop for, say 20 minutes, when I was a child. This was before I had ME. I still get nosebleeds, but they don't bleed as freely now.