• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

So I would say that CBD pills have helped me significantly

redviper

For those who don't know, Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound in cannabis that has medical effects but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counter the psychoactive effects of THC. Some of you might also be familiar with CBD because it's been in the news recently as a potential treatment for some forms of Epilepsy.

I've only been on these products for about three weeks and my life has been so hectic during this time frame, it's been tough to properly measure just how much these products have helped. I'll say this though, I have been able to increase my exercise (walking in the park) by about 100-150% without any significant physical repercussions. It's also helped me manage my pain quite a bit better and seems to be making the threshold for my "crashes" further down the line and less severe. I'm not expecting that these CBD products aren't going to cure my disease and every day remains full of pain and challenges, but I believe it is making a difference. It's more than just pain relief with the CBD products, it almost feels like it could be calming some of the inflammation in my brain and body.

If anyone has any questions and would prefer to talk about this privately, feel free to shoot me an IM.

Tammy

I'm interested in trying this so I'm going to ask lots of questions. What form of cannabis are you taking......ie. tincture , caps, etc?. What percent of CBD? How much are you taking and what time of the day? Although I am just starting to research all this.......I was under the impression that the CBD was mostly to help with pain, relaxation, sleep, etc ...........so I'm curious as to how you think it also helped you with energy (your walking increased by 100-150%) You actually feel like you have more energy........or are you able to walk longer because of reduced pain? Do you have any pots/oi issues? I'll stop with any more questions until you reply. Thanks!

redviper

Hey Tammy,

I suppose I should clarify and state that I'm in Canada, so the "products" I was referencing are put together by our local compassion club and then sold to patients in the community. There isn't a signature brand, so I can't really recommend any specific products. I will say I have now tried CBD pills, cookies, and a liquid gel absorbed under your tongue. I would say the liquid gel has been most effective for me, followed by the pills...I wasn't too impressed with the cookies.

What per cent of CBD? I've been taking 20mg per pill, but I believe the liquid gel is significantly more (probably why it's more effective for me).

When do I usually take my dose? I usually take it between 6-9PM, but that's just because with this disease I'm usually more active in the evening hours. I don't really notice any significant relief with taking the pills, it's more of just an accumulative effect. When taking the CBD gel under my tongue though, I notice pain relief almost immediately. So I would try and time my dose before some sort of activity, like doing the dishes or going for a walk.

How has CBD helped with my energy? It hasn't, but it has helped increase my threshold for physical activity before a crash, if that makes sense. Earlier in the summer I was able to walk about 10 minutes before the muscles in my leg and feet would get very sore, now I can at least double that. I wouldn't attribute this effect primarily to pain relief either, I feel like it's actually increasing my threshold for cardiovascular activity before my usual crash symptoms would begin.

Hope this helps

DeGenesis

I feel like I'm having mini seizures sometimes when I'm looking at the computer monitor. I get deju vu and jamais vu and some other weird stuff so I donoo...