• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Where Can I get Hydroxocobalamin without a prescription?

gettinbetter

Hi All

I have been using injectable Hydroxocobalamin for a few years now and it helps with stamina
I find it better than sublingual Methyl B12

I have run out and I would like to get more with out always having to go to a Doc for a refill

Any sources here or overseas?
You can private message me if you have any ideas?
Thanks

taniaaust1

I dont know what country you are in but I used to get my hydroxyB12 ampules (I used to inject it) over the pharmacy counter without a perscription (they allow if asked). Im in Australia.

gettinbetter

I dont know what country you are in but I used to get my hydroxyB12 ampules (I used to inject it) over the pharmacy counter without a perscription (they allow if asked). Im in Australia.
I am not in Australia but I may be able to order from there the one pharmacy I was looking at had some
but it was very expensive compared to the price here
If you can recommend a couple Australian pharmacies that ship overseas
Maybe I can get it from them
From what I am told the oral b12 is useless as it does not absorb
I do get results with sublingual but not quite as good

Freddd

I am not in Australia but I may be able to order from there the one pharmacy I was looking at had some
but it was very expensive compared to the price here
If you can recommend a couple Australian pharmacies that ship overseas
Maybe I can get it from them
From what I am told the oral b12 is useless as it does not absorb
I do get results with sublingual but not quite as good

Hi gettinbetter,

Oral b12 is pretty useless as it passively absorbs at about 1%. According to thousands of trials I've done comparing injection to some brands of MeCbl and AdoCbl held for 45-120 minutes absorbed at 15-25% (range 10-33%) based on urine colorimetry and effectiveness of CNS penetration. The brand and technique are critical to success. The two active cobalamin are often 100-10,000 times as effective as HyCbl.

gettinbetter

Hi gettinbetter,

Oral b12 is pretty useless as it passively absorbs at about 1%. According to thousands of trials I've done comparing injection to some brands of MeCbl and AdoCbl held for 45-120 minutes absorbed at 15-25% (range 10-33%) based on urine colorimetry and effectiveness of CNS penetration. The brand and technique are critical to success. The two active cobalamin are often 100-10,000 times as effective as HyCbl.

Hi Fredd
So what is the best brand and technique?
Thanks very much

taniaaust1

So Taniauss11
You get otc Hydroxo meant for oral and you inject it?
How does that work for you ?
Thanks

No, I used to get ampules of it for injection. You may want to consider Fredds suggestion. Hydrox B12 injections only were help to my brain and didnt help anything else. Im now on methyl form which I put under my tongue.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
If one is willing, there are cheaper online sources of vet hydroxy b12, 2000mcg/ml, 100ml for $14.
Vet injectables are so much cheaper than human grade, but i cant believe the quality would be that different, could you imagine a horse trainer using crap b12 really for a million dollar horse. I just think priced get jacked up when its for human use. bodybuilders use this type of stuff all the time.

Human compounded b12 is dam expensive, but the benefits of it over vet b12 would be next to nothing, just alot cheaper.

gettinbetter

If one is willing, there are cheaper online sources of vet hydroxy b12, 2000mcg/ml, 100ml for $14.
Vet injectables are so much cheaper than human grade, but i cant believe the quality would be that different, could you imagine a horse trainer using crap b12 really for a million dollar horse. I just think priced get jacked up when its for human use. bodybuilders use this type of stuff all the time.

Human compounded b12 is dam expensive, but the benefits of it over vet b12 would be next to nothing, just alot cheaper.
That may be a viable alternative
Do you know any vet pharmacies that sell it without a prescription?
Can you send a private message?
Thanks

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Have you tried the vet hydroxy b12 yourself @heapsreal ?

Looking at sources here in NZ, but I can't find anyone that delivers...

Years ago i know alot of bodybuilders as well as endurance athletes used vet b12 injections, mostly to help general well being, increase appetitte and as a blood booster. Its probably quite safe, i just cant see them making dodgy products for multimillion dollar horses or other expensive sports animals like greyhounds etc, thats my thoughts. Quick google you will find plenty of sources in australia that will deliver.

Hip

Goldpharma sell B12 hydroxocobalamin injectables prescription-free, but I read they are no longer allowed to ship to the US, due to the actions of LegitScript (who are putting restrictions on pharmacies).

gettinbetter

Goldpharma sell B12 hydroxocobalamin injectables prescription-free, but I read they are no longer allowed to ship to the US, due to the actions of LegitScript (who are putting restrictions on pharmacies).
I found a pharmacy in Australia but they will only ship so much without a prescription
I don't know why the FDA is so strict on supplements
IMO I don't think it's just about the safety but instead to protect the interests of the medical industry

gettinbetter

Years ago i know alot of bodybuilders as well as endurance athletes used vet b12 injections, mostly to help general well being, increase appetitte and as a blood booster. Its probably quite safe, i just cant see them making dodgy products for multimillion dollar horses or other expensive sports animals like greyhounds etc, thats my thoughts. Quick google you will find plenty of sources in australia that will deliver.
I did a little reading on vet vs human grade and vet grade seems like a bit of a risk
vet grade is a lot cheaper but it seems they are not as stringent on purity

Freddd

Probably right, but i just hate how they jack the price up alot more than is really worth it.

Hi Heapsreal,

Pharmaceutical grade MeCbl crystal, dependent upon packaging, costs about $6000/kilo. Vitamin grade is a little less. Food grade a little less, but not much. To the best of my knowledge there is no "animal pharmaceutical quality" at the b12 level itself. So the differences would have to be in preparation requirements for injectable drugs I would suspect.