• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve MC/CFS Initiative -Update webinar from July 2014

catly

I know that many here have a problem with this organization and my apologies if this has already been posted.

But if any are interested. Here is the youtube video to their lastest webinar-update.

*GG*

They might be better in the future, time will tell. Probably a good thing they are going to focus more (only?) on research and not advocating for us! (M.E.)!!

GG

PS Still need to listen to this, they talk about getting a blood sample in, I think. How do I go about this, if I wanted to? Don't think my Drs office would do it, would a blood drawing lab do it?

I have an appt with a new Dr in Sept, wonder if they would do it, for cheap!

catly

They might be better in the future, time will tell. Probably a good thing they are going to focus more (only?) on research and not advocating for us! (M.E.)!!

GG

PS Still need to listen to this, they talk about getting a blood sample in, I think. How do I go about this, if I wanted to? Don't think my Drs office would do it, would a blood drawing lab do it?

I have an appt with a new Dr in Sept, wonder if they would do it, for cheap!

At GG. They do say in the video that there are multiple ways to give blood. Through your MD, one of the major labs in the US (e.g. Quest, which has drawing stations all over) and for some that can not get out they have a contract with a lab that will do home blood draws. I thought this was good. I don't know what the cost would be??? Didn't even think of that.

The thing is I signed up for the biobank (you can do so through their website), I think close to a year ago and haven't heard anything from them.

*GG*

At GG. They do say in the video that there are multiple ways to give blood. Through your MD, one of the major labs in the US (e.g. Quest, which has drawing stations all over) and for some that can not get out they have a contract with a lab that will do home blood draws. I thought this was good. I don't know what the cost would be??? Didn't even think of that.

The thing is I signed up for the biobank (you can do so through their website), I think close to a year ago and haven't heard anything from them.

Cool, thanks for the information. I have attempted to sign up in the past, but I think the emails get buried in my emails, but I do recall seeing emails from Gloria E. Smith at biobank@solvercfs.org