• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prescript Assist and/or probiotics to clear tongue

Timaca

Anyone try Prescript Assist? What are your experiences?

Anyone been able to get a healthy looking tongue using probiotics or anything else?

I tried a very small amount of Prescript Assist and ended up with significant bloating and abdominal cramping. I will need to back off and possibly retry....but gosh, this is no fun!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Aileen

I tried Prescript-Assist and got a nasty migraine from it (1 capsule). A few days later I tried again to make sure it really was the P-A. Unfortunately it was. I am hoping that I will be able to take it at a later date.

My tongue has had a coating on it for years. So far, even though I have been on a number of probiotics for several months now, I have not gotten rid of it. It does seem to be improving a little. That seems to be because I have a little more saliva than I have in a long time.

Not sure what is causing the improvement. The main contenders are: the med Pregabalin (Lyrica), the prebiotic FiberAid, the probiotic Align. Also possibly the friendly yeast Florastor (s. boulardii).

After all these years, the one thing I can definitely rule out is coincidence.

Tunguska

I cleared white tongue coating with: resistant starch (1-3 tbsp/day), berries (1-2 bowls/day), and tons of cheap random probiotics (50-250billion), all at the same time, plus candida enzymes at night.

Adster

I found Prescript Assist to be quite strong - maybe try emptying small amounts into another empty capsule?

Timaca

@Adster ~
Thanks for your suggestion. I have been emptying some out into a glass and adding water and drinking it. I am about at the 1/3 capsule per day amount. :)

Best,

jjxx

I cleared white tongue coating with: resistant starch (1-3 tbsp/day), berries (1-2 bowls/day), and tons of cheap random probiotics (50-250billion), all at the same time, plus candida enzymes at night.
Wow, I am jealousy of you..., your regimen is the simplest and I couldn't wait to give a try.
How long take you to clear your white coating?
What kind of resistant starch you use? I have unmodified potato starch. No matter how much I gulp it down, I don't experience any gas issue of which most people experience? Good sign or bad sign, should I be worried about?
What candida enzymes do you use?

Seven7

Seven
Mine finally cleared! Doctor told me was a sign of my immune system being low ( which was truth by test and my NKs numbers were lower than ever).
She told me to use hydrogen peroxide 3 times a day ( I did for a few weeks) and treated the immune system so it clears up ok ( not sure due to which). Ah and changed thoothbrush

jjxx

Mine finally cleared! Doctor told me was a sign of my immune system being low ( which was truth by test and my NKs numbers were lower than ever).
She told me to use hydrogen peroxide 3 times a day ( I did for a few weeks) and treated the immune system so it clears up ok ( not sure due to which). Ah and changed thoothbrush
What did you use to treat your immune system successfully? For your rinse, did you use HP directly or HP mouth rinse?

Seven7

Seven
They give me Imunovir, LDN, i tried inosine and Nk activator.
But she tried to put me on full dose of Imunovir ( I cannot go over 3 a day) so she is having me try again to go to all 6 a day.