• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Photophobia and pain from watching screen light

optimist

I used to suffer from photophobia, but fortunately it has subsided some time ago. However, as I read another member here struggles with it, it domed on me I should share about something that helped me when looking at my computer.

There's a program called f.lux that decreases the amount of blue and increases the amount of red colour on the monitor. It is meant to help people sleep better after sitting late night by the computer, but I found that turning down screen light and using f.lux on a very low setting also benefited me regarding the light sensitivity.

Hopefully it can help some of you who struggle with it too. The program works with WIndows, Mac, iPad/iPhone. For Andoid phone/tablet you can use Twilight.

optimist

I've been using that for years. Saves me. For your iPhone you can just dim the screen in settings.

For me I both dim screen light to the lowest setting, and then turn the "heat" to just above 2000 with a f.lux look-a-like program that I. So my screen gets pretty dark and easy on my eyes :)

optimist

I ran the entire sentence together because I can't focus. I saw The program works with WIndows, Mac, iPad/iPhone you can use Twilight.

I do that quite often myself, even when people speak I can hear them say something quite amusing that they really did not say :) I guess that is not ME related in my case, more of a personality thing or something...

taniaaust1

Wow, I need to remember this, it was one of the reasons why I couldnt some of the online shopping sites as site was too bright so it hurt my head.

I used to have my screen set on that very dark screen here on PR a couple of years or so ago (I dont know if one can still change the screen colours now).

optimist

I used to have my screen set on that very dark screen here on PR a couple of years or so ago (I dont know if one can still change the screen colours now).

Just click on your user name way up on the top of this site, almost to the far right. From there go to 'Preferences'. A pop-up box comes alive, and there in the first drop-down list you can choose a darker theme.