• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Epicor and NK Cell Functioning

shannah

Is anyone using Epicor to boost NK cells? If so, how much are you taking per day and what has been your experience.

Thanks
Shannah

Gingergrrl

I was wondering if anyone has even taken the immune system product, Epicor, which is meant to strengthen NK cell functioning? I will be starting it shortly and would love to hear any feedback. Thanks in advance!

TigerLilea

I took EpiCor for approximately 3 months and I didn't notice any improvement what-so-ever so I didn't bother ordering anymore. However, a kidney dialysis patient at the hospital my sister used to work at used it and her kidney function actually improved much to the amazement of her Nephrologist. So it does work for some people. I'm just not sure about CFS/ME.

Gingergrrl

I took EpiCor for approximately 3 months and I didn't notice any improvement what-so-ever so I didn't bother ordering anymore. However, a kidney dialysis patient at the hospital my sister used to work at used it and her kidney function actually improved much to the amazement of her Nephrologist. So it does work for some people. I'm just not sure about CFS/ME.

@TigerLilea I was wondering when you said that you took it for three months and didn't notice any difference, were you having your NK cell functioning measured before and after to compare (or you meant you didn't notice any difference in how you felt?) It is being prescribed to me to increase NK functioning over the long-term so that is what I am wondering overall. Thank you for sharing though about the kidney dialysis patient and it sounds like it must have some powerful effects!

PeterPositive

Is this product very different from taking yeasts such as S.Cerevisiae or S.Boulardii? They too have similar effects in improving and stimulate immune defenses.

Gingergrrl

Is this product very different from taking yeasts such as S.Cerevisiae or S.Boulardii? They too have similar effects in improving and stimulate immune defenses.

As far as I know, Epicor is Sachromyces Cervevisiae (not sure if I am spelling it correctly though!) Also wanted to add the the dosage that I ordered is 500 mg and even though it is made from yeast, it is wheat/gluten free.