• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I dont get Fever

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Omar88

If you want to nebulize I don't think either of these products would be safe, sorry to say. You have to be very careful what your use for nebulizing. :( Glutathione is not an herb--would the same law apply?

It is the nebulizing of glutathione that has the specific effect on bronchitis.

Sushi

No never get a fever it stuck at a normal temperature even if my skin temperature is over heating & I am shivering & shaking, & because my internal temperature is normal, Doctors just say, nothing wrong, even though been ill for 13 months.

roxie60

@surethom I can relate, it is so frustrating to feel these physiological symtoms and yet the dr thermometer doesnt reflect. I have had times I took my temp before going and it was low but got to the office and it was 'normal' , I wish they would stop saying its normal, its avarage, big difference in my book. Normal can only be determined on an individual basis, a collection of an individual's temps collected over time then a nurse or dr might be able to declare a 'normal' temp for a single individual. Telling someone 98.6 is normal is j6st lazy medical practice. Imo

Gingergrrl

I never get fevers either (except when I had mono) and my temp is rarely above 97.4 degrees. There are times I am freezing and convinced I have a fever but I never do.

NK17

I never get fevers either (except when I had mono) and my temp is rarely above 97.4 degrees. There are times I am freezing and convinced I have a fever but I never do.
Same for me. Last time a had a fever (high temp) was 15 years ago.

My body temp is always low, lower than the average body temp.

mellster

Marco
I always used to get a good fever every 1-2 years or so when something was going around, even when others didn't - or when they had low-grade fever, mine was always higher. Then when CFS started with the trigger infection, one notable aspect was that I had no fever at all to match these symptoms, maybe mildly elevated temp, but that was already highly unusual. Then I had no fevers for 5 years except towards the tail-end of my recovery a mild one during a stomach virus. I noted though mildly elevated body temp sometimes after using the MAF-314, nothing really mounting to a fever though. I just had the first high fever again like I used to and did not take any meds except for the first night, letting it run its course all the way to 103+ and back. It was awful but only lasted 2-3 days. I take this as a good sign. I still have residual lymphatic issues but otherwise have signed up for my first half-marathon this year. My guess is that there is a connection between the lack of high-grade fevers (low grade may not count that much as the strength of the immune response is tied to the grade of the fever) and the disease state of CFS patients. Hopefully research will find out more soon enough.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Guys since i got this illness i got fever once, the time i had the flu symptoms that i felt am dying with in the second month of my illness and since that i never had a fever !

Is this happening with anyone else ? and why is this happening ?

I have never had a fever since getting ME, at least when I have taken my temperature, and excluding the time I was in hospital with liver and kidney failure.

Like a majority of sufferers, I think, I often feel very hot but my temperature is low.

Nielk

I have never had a fever since getting ME, at least when I have taken my temperature, and excluding the time I was in hospital with liver and kidney failure.

Like a majority of sufferers, I think, I often feel very hot but my temperature is low.
This happens to me countless times. Why is that?

MeSci

Nebulized glutathione often helps bronchitis. Even one of my doctors used to do it for patients. I used to do it with a combo of glutathione and B12--but then I didn't have bronchitis so can't comment on that aspect. It is an easy treatment once you get the right nebulizer and find a source for reduced glutathione that is buffered--it really must be buffered. It is available in the States from Theranaturals--but they have at least 2 types of glutathione and you have to be careful to get the right one--the one that is meant to be nebulized and is buffered.
yes
Sushi

I don't think I've had bronchitis since I stopped smoking in the 1980s. When I had it, the most effective treatment for me was herb tea sipped over the course of the day. It cleared the congestion like magic. I used thyme, oregano, mullein, sage and possibly plantain (on their own or combined).

Gingergrrl

I think I may have already responded to this thread but I also have not had any fever in 2.5 yrs since I had mono (at that time I had fever for three weeks straight.) There are times I am freezing or burning hot yet my temp rarely ever goes above 97.4. This could be related to my thyroid issues too. If anyone knows why PWC's never get fever, I would love to hear the answer!

MeSci

If I get a fever, I'm usually in big trouble (pnuemonia, bronchitis or a really weird viral assault or UTI). Here our usual is 98.6 but my normal is 97.2 so I am miserable when a fever strikes but the first year I had a low-grade fever most of the time. I'm sure though that at that time my NK cells weren't 5.

Ah, thanks for the unpleasant reminder! I have had infection since getting ME - cystitis :aghhh:. But since using cranberry tablets I don't get it - not for years. If I do get some irritation I sometimes take grapefruit seed extract. It never goes on to be the full-blown horror I used to get. (Touch wood!)

mellster

Marco
Yes I do remember feeling hot and flushing back then all the time but my body temp was actually low. WRT Mono, there is some research on EBV weakening/evading the immune system. It's unclear if my trigger was Mono, but it is very likely since I showed high antibodies years later.

adreno

PR activist
Unfortunately we cant order such stuff from other countries it is the low for herbs here,, so am into those two choices !!

the first one is NAC not glutathione is it what other people taking ?
Regular n-acetylcysteine (NAC). You can get it at pharmacies, it's a mucus thinner (cough medicine). It is also an antioxidant and biofilm disruptor.

SOC

Moderator Note:
Posts about exercise in this thread have been moved to this thread.

Ever wonder why threads need to stay on topic? Phoenix Rising is like an immense digital filing system for information and discussions of all the aspects of this disease. To avoid confusion, we have many subforums with many different threads to help people find information they need. Please help keep our filing systems organized. :)

Rlman

I have not had a fever since early teens and I am now 27. I did get a cold in Jan 2013 for first time in probably 5 years. When got infection that triggered CFS Dec 2011 did not mount fever either. Did have chills for a few weeks in May-June 2011 but no high fever. I am freezing cold all the time as well, and working on figuring out if the issue is immune or endocrine or both...

Last edited:

MeSci

I have not had a fever since early teens and I am now 27. I did get a cold in Jan 2013 for first time in probably 5 years. When got infection that triggered CFS Dec 2011 did not mount fever either. Did have chills for a few weeks in May-June 2011 but no high fever. I am freezing cold all the time as well, and working on figuring out if the issue is immune or endocrine or both...

and/or autonomic?

JAM

Jill
Guys since i got this illness i got fever once, the time i had the flu symptoms that i felt am dying with in the second month of my illness and since that i never had a fever !

Is this happening with anyone else ? and why is this happening ?
It was rare for me to get a fever as a child, and I didn't have a fever once between the ages of 17 and 39. My body regained the ability one week after starting olive leaf extract, then I had a fever off and on for 6 months. Somehow the HHV-6/EBV infection kept my body from spiking a fever.

MeSci

I actually had a fever a few weeks ago! AFAIK that is the first time since 1996, but of course I may have missed some, e.g. when not having a thermometer.

Could I be getting better...?