• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Everything started on the body's right side only for anyone?

Sinclair

This is weird and your insights could help in leading to or ruling out a differentiatial diagnosis.

Most of my symptoms started progressively at the right side of my body only, for almost three years, before becoming more disseminated.

In 2011, it was the pain in my hipocondrius and my mid-back, right side (fatigue, dizzyness, lynph node pain on the left side of my neck and an episode of legs paresthesias that were present doesn't count here for the theory).

In 2012, arm weakness, thyroid cancer nodule, pain in my upper back and neck, migraines headaches, blurred vision and then choroideopathy central serous, chest pain, were all on the right side of my body.

I remained functional for most of 2013, managing/tolerating symptoms, but these progressively began to invade the other side of my body. When I got in my most severe crashes in mid-nov 2013 (3 months) and mid-apr this year it was clear enough that symptoms were now in different parts of my body, even though the original symptoms at my right side are still differentiated as the hard ones.

So far, the only suggestion I have received is to be tested for VGKC anti-bodies, which presence might indicate conditions such as Morvan's Syndrome and Limbic Encephalitis.

Any insights?

lansbergen

if you are right handed you will use that side more.

My right side was worse then my left side and still is even now it has improved a lot.

I do not remember it started at the right side. That was 30 years ago. I do remember what seemed to be the worst flu ever was all over my body.

ukxmrv

My CFS doctor reported that the left side was more affected in his patients. In particular he was noticing a left sided congestion in the upper chest towards the neck. I'm right handed but more symptoms on the left.

Sinclair

I believed that, in case of viral infection -which I highly suspect I got- the pathogen could radicate himself in an organ and then replicate in the organs nearby, thus, if the first organ was in the right side then it was likely that dissemination took place on the right side first.
Hip kindly responded me that he had not heard of such a pattern in case of enteroviruses carriers at least.
Sorry if my layman self-explanation was too weak.

Last edited:

lansbergen

I believed that, in case of viral infection -which I highly suspect I got- the pathogen could radicate himself in an organ and then replicate in the organs nearby, thus, if the first organ was in the right side then it was likely that dissemination took place on the right side first.
Hip kindly responded that he had not heard of such a pattern in case of enteroviruses carriers at least.
Sorry if my layman self-explanation was too weak.

I can follow your reasoning

Sinclair

My more intense muscle tingling is mainly in the right side of my body as well...in the back mainly...tingling in the back muscles is very curious to me as a symptom...