• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anybody tried or are on Amantadine?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
IMO if there isn't much chatter about it, then not that many people are using. If you search for immune modulators you'll come up with more information.

Dr.Patient

There is no kinship like the one we share!
There is one feature article on amantadine alone, and I counted 7 threads on the first page of the search results--there were 8 pages of results. Are you using Google site search?

Sushi

Ok, thanks, I will read through them.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Low dose bromocriptine works in a similar way.
i have found low doses 25 to 50mg of modafinil good for lethargy and concentration. Normal dose is 200mg.

Charles555nc

I want to try it it soon and I was wondering about experiences with it.

Im also kinda worry about "blurry vision" and "possibly permanent" blotches on the skin. O and I heard it may cause seizures?

But I heard it may treat a virus related to rapies...borna virus, and my symptoms started with a tick bite...which may have bitten a rapies infected animal before biting me...

ukxmrv

Yes, way back in the 80's/90's when there was little else around this was prescribed on the NHS in the UK.

It was maybe the dose or the time I took it but I experienced a sleepless very hyper and vertigo/speeding time on it. Had to give up.

Looking back I wish that I had tried again on a lower dose. No blotches or any other symptoms that I noticed.