• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Understanding of CFS/ME and How To Heal

cmt12

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and I think I'm pretty familiar with the general viewpoints of most forum members, so I'm expecting to be met with resistance for what I'm going to share since it is far from mainstream. I'm posting this in the spirituality section for this reason. I've already posted this on another forum so I'm just going to link it from there. I hope that's okay and I hope the information is helpful to some of you.

I recommend reading this post first:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71424

This is what I want to share:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=71484

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Most of that is highly familiar to us: It's not like we haven't heard it before.

No one would argue that Mind<------->Body, but the line is probably more appropriately drawn like:
Mind<<===---->Body
(double indicates heavier line: more influence from body toward mind)

Note that in either diagram, the line goes both ways. So you cannot arbitrarily fix diseases with meditation--if you claim so, your actual diagram goes like this:

Mind---->Body

[edited for content]

Last edited:

cmt12

but the line is probably more appropriately drawn like:
Mind<<===---->Body
(double indicates heavier line: more influence from body toward mind)

I agree with that. What I am claiming is that disease occurs from the imbalance caused by the imprints. I am claiming we can release the imprints by unrepressing them through meditation.

I do not think I can make my arm swell up with my mind if that's what the challenge is about but that does not disprove what I'm saying.

Anybody, that wants to consider what I'm saying should watch this Bruce Lipton lecture:

And here is the mice article:
http://phenomena.nationalgeographic...nherit-specific-memories-because-epigenetics/

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
@cmt12 - from your second thread:

Evidence

Sit down and relax yourself as much as you can. Now cup your hand around the front of your throat and squeeze like your choking yourself. As you squeeze harder, eventually you’ll feel constricted muscles behind your throat. This is evidence of the repressed imprints.
Constricted muscles are tougher than relaxed muscles. For me, the is simply evidence of a defensive reaction to being choked and no more than that.

I have to be honest that what you've posted on the two threads on the other forums isn't really my thing but never the less I wish you well. Can you tell us, though, what this is has meant for your own health. In what ways are you improved in mind / brain / body? How do you function now compared to six years ago?

cmt12

At 1 minute on in this video you can see a polar bear going through the discharge process:

Quick and easy because the bear doesn't have any other repressed traumas. This is not how it works with humans since we have continuously accumulated and passed on the imprints to the next generation. That energy release at the end will not occur until you have released all of the imprints one by one. For me, how it works is I'll have tight muscles throughout my body, which I feel most fully in my head and neck area. Over a period of usually a couple of days, the muscles will contract and then release (as long as I am in a relaxed state) and then immediately I'll feel tightness in a different area. Over time, I notice the imprints getting deeper and deeper like a cylinder narrowing in. It doesn't matter if I am releasing the first imprint or the last, the stress response is still present. It is not a gradual relief of symptoms - it is one big release at the end, in which the body re-balances.

The process is automatic as long as the imprints are completely unrepressed, which requires meditation, awareness, and a lot of pain tolerance.

cmt12

Here's a video that shows the freeze response without a release. You can see how it's useful for survival; animals are reluctant to show aggression when none is returned.

I don't expect anyone to just accept all of this right away. The awareness of all of this, and the updates to my belief system, happened over a long period of time. I just want to introduce it.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
I don't understand the points you are making.

I see a naturally selected behavioural response. It increases chance of survival when caught by a predator. By the time the cheetah catches the gazelle and it's teeth are round the gazelle's neck, squeezing the life out of it, there's no point in the gazelle trying to fight back. The cheetah is bigger and stronger. However, if the cheetah is distracted by another predator trying to steal its prey (a not uncommon event in the life of a cheetah), the gazelle can take the opportunity to escape.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
This is how I see application of meditation in medicine:

• may reduce perception of pain
  • may improve mood, depending on underlying pathology
  • may improve well-being
  • may improve breathing, depending on underlying pathology related to breathing
  • may reduce heart rate, depending on underlying pathology related to heart rate
  • promotes relaxation, which depending on underlying pathology might reduce muscle tension, which might reduce pain and do other good things
  • may reduce anxiety, depending on underlying pathology
  • similar things I might have forgotten to list

the above may improve other HRQoL and QOL in general.

Note that there is no "cure disease" on the list [not 'similar' to 'reduce heart rate'].

You're welcome to your own faith, but insisting others need to have 'enough faith' or 'enough spiritual discipline' to be cured (by whatever faith) is not ok.

Since you seem interested in Jesus, please read the account the Tower of Siloam and the Man Born Blind. Sometimes stuff that happens (good and bad) is random, and has no relationship to the situation (good or bad) of the person it happens to (or their family).

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
@Kina. Very true. But I think that it's clear from this thread that there a lot of members on the case. There are also members like Tammy who may not agree that cmt12 is pushing a 'bizarre and insulting theory'. Doesn't she deserve respect, too?

I was only making light of it. It wasn't intended to cause offense.

cmt12

@cmt12 -- could you please let us know if you have ME/CFS. I asked you before and you didn't answer. We are a forum for people with ME/CFS and not a forum for people without ME/CFS to come to tell us why we are sick.

Thank you.

I hope you guys really take the time to read everything I have said to understand what I'm saying. Based on my experience and interpretation, I reject the existing paradigm that says there are all these chronic illnesses each with their own root cause.

It's like if three people have a cold and one is dealing with more of a sore throat, another is dealing more with coughing, and the third experiences more of a stuffy nose. We don't say that they have 3 different issues - they all have a cold. I'm claiming the same thing about chronic illnesses, which is a big claim I realize.

Is it that far fetched though if we observe how nature works and how self correcting it is to say that our bodies can heal themselves if we set the right conditions for it? To say that all these negative DNA mutations are not just "how it is"? That we need to create all these synthetic replicas through pharmacy of the things in our bodies for each separate illness, especially considering how complex of a system the brain is and the fact that we haven't cured one chronic illness through pharmacy yet?

I wouldn't be spreading this information publicly unless I was sure. I know that means nothing to you guys but hopefully you can at least believe when I say my intentions here are to help.

To answer your question, I haven't gone out to get a diagnosis for the reasons I stated but I know enough to say I could get a CFS diagnosis and I have similar symptoms to all of you.