• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

List of Mastocytosis genes

taniaaust1

@Valentijn take care of yourself.

I wish I was far more computer savy. If I was, I think I'd try to make up some kind of program in which those who have ME/CFS could run raw data thou and have results came back as a percentage of how well they match the gene profiles of certain like ME/CFS illnesses (compared with control groups of those illnesss). eg Result you are a 100% match to lyme patients due to having gene ?? ?? ?? or whatever or 86% match to mastocytosis due to having gene ???, or 50% match to EDS patients according to genes or whatever. It would be a very interesting possible diagnostic aid. Maybe it would help too to better pull out CFS subgroups.

Valentijn

. . . I think I'd try to make up some kind of program in which those who have ME/CFS could run raw data thou and have results came back as a percentage of how well they match the gene profiles of certain like ME/CFS illnesses (compared with control groups of those illnesss).
It would be useful, but the problem is that most of the research into genes and ME/CFS are junk so far. Very weak correlations, saying that people with the most common genotype are slightly more likely to be ME patients, etc.

According to some of those studies, most of the patients I have data for should be relatively safe from developing ME/CFS :rofl:

taniaaust1

According to some of those studies, most of the patients I have data for should be relatively safe from developing ME/CFS :rofl:

Funny you say that, as Ive been looking for the so called connected ME/CFS genes and so far, none of those have come up for me!! (thou I arent finished looking throu it all yet).

So maybe we should have more faith in the gene research of OTHER illnesses (I currently trust that more then ours!). I'll tell you when I find one of the so called ME/CFS genes.

Valentijn

@taniaaust1 - I finally got around to looking at these genes (and some very closely related ones) and putting the image together. It doesn't look there are any significant differences in rates of rarity for the ME patients versus the controls.

mastocytosis1.gif

mastocytosis2.gif