• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I need an accurate blood pressure monitor.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I bought one that was recommended to me here, from CVS, and it was ten points higher than the BP aft my docs office.

Does anyone know one that is not a million dollars that is accurate? I realize those things may be mutually exclusive.

Thanks

xchocoholic

Fwiw I wouldn't think a 10 pt difference is unusual. Mine varies up to 40 pts all the time.

I'm thinking of getting a new one now tho. My heart is skipping beats and a regular bp hr monitor can't reflect that. My doctors caught it. Not me. I don't feel anything when it's happening.

I remember reading about this on the dysautonomia forum so maybe it's common ?

I just thought as long as you're in the market for a new monitor you may want to consider one that would pick this up.

I have no idea how to shop for one of these yet tho. Maybe someone will chime in.

Tc .. x

taniaaust1

10 points difference isnt much. It could even be due to the size of the blood pressure cuff or the tightness. Things do vary a bit too normally.
xchocoholic.. yeah that seems to be common with dysautomonia and was why I ended up after trying two average monitors, having to like go expensive and get a top of the range one which can cope with my heart going irregular when I stand up which used to error out almost constantly when standing with the other monitors I tried.

And if my body is way way wacked out, my current one can still give a BP reading even when it cant do a heart rate one. (I can see what my heart is doing with the flashing on the screen to the time of its beats).

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't think that Is acceptable if you are monitoring medications for high blood pressure No other issues I'm aware of.

I found a Panasonic on amazon but I'm going to wait until right before my next appt so if it's way off I can return it.

It seems all if them have good and bad reviews for accuracy even the Omroms which are popular.

taniaaust1

I don't think that Is acceptable if you are monitoring medications for high blood pressure No other issues I'm aware of.

I found a Panasonic on amazon but I'm going to wait until right before my next appt so if it's way off I can return it.

It seems all if them have good and bad reviews for accuracy even the Omroms which are popular.

One of the ones I had previously Im fairly sure it was a panasonic which I found was no good at all (so that's on my not recommended list), my current one is an Omrom (but one of the most expensive ones of that).

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've been looking at reviews on All of them. It seems with each one, Omroms and Panasonic, each can be widely inaccurate. So unless I'm gonna spend a ton, which I can't now ill see.

Whatever I decide I'll do it right before my next appt so I can take it in. Right know I'm using my old one. My doc said it was fine for now. I guess better that it's over than under.