• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How Exactly is the NHS ruling out Cancer before diagnosing CFSME?

JBB

Dunno, they probably flip a coin ;)...or get a certain psychologist to do an assessment, that must work!

Raindrop

Don't understand the question. You mean NHS in USA or Britain? So sorry if I seem clueless.
Is there a history to this issue to understand before answering this? Help me out....thanks!

JBB

Don't understand the question. You mean NHS in USA or Britain? So sorry if I seem clueless.
Is there a history to this issue to understand before answering this? Help me out....thanks!

The NHS is the British health system. The history being that they don't rule out much and in the case of ME / CFS it does beg the question of whether they do actually rule out cancer before making a ME / CFS diagnosis.

Best wishes,

J

golden

@thanks JBB

@Raindrop

i did a long post reply last night and it wouldnt post. I did it again and lost internet connection til now.

Sorry for not being clearer.

Yes its the NHS in Britain.

Not only is a diagnoses of CFS being given without proper testing, once getting a CFS diagnoses its then also practically impossible to get tests.

There is a new iniative by Jeremy Hunt to name Doctors and red flag em for missing Cancer.

I think this is a great idea.

This is a link to it:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/health-28077586

My Mum was 'diagnosed' with cystitis, prolapsed womb, followed by its not a prolapsed womb over a period of six months , plus more and all those diagnoses were wrong until they said its too late its terminal bladder Cancer. They then knackered her kidneys with palliative chemotherapy, accidentally nearly killed her a few times, she had to have stents, and then deliberately killed her under the Liverpool Care Pathway scheme which is when they drug you to sleep and let you dehydrate and starve to death whilst still pumping you with drugs.

I see in my link someone else was mis-diagnosed with a prolapsed womb - it must be one of the answers on tge magic 8 ball they use. :)

Last edited:

JBB

Golden that's terrible, I'm so sorry :hug:. The NHS makes me so angry sometimes. I think much of the NHS is not fit for purpose anymore and it's clearly not just the CFS / ME negligence.

Best wishes,

J

Gingergrrl

@golden I am so sorry for the loss of your mom and your post made me cry. May her memory be a blessing to you.

As far as the NHS, I live in the US and knew nothing about that system prior to joining the PR board. Although the medical system in the US is no love fest, it seems like the NHS is particularly hateful to people with ME/CFS (from what I've read from all you guys posts and articles) but I don't understand why? What is their motivation to be so hateful toward sick patients?

golden

@golden I am so sorry for the loss of your mom and your post made me cry. May her memory be a blessing to you.

As far as the NHS, I live in the US and knew nothing about that system prior to joining the PR board. Although the medical system in the US is no love fest, it seems like the NHS is particularly hateful to people with ME/CFS (from what I've read from all you guys posts and articles) but I don't understand why? What is their motivation to be so hateful toward sick patients?

Thats a nice concept, memories being a blessing, thankyou.

I am sorry my post made you cry, i actually toned it right down too.

I paused after reading your post in fact as i wanted to pay additional attention to what i wrote here - only to have been delayed altogether in my reply!

Gingergrrl

Thats a nice concept, memories being a blessing, thankyou.

I am sorry my post made you cry, i actually toned it right down too.

@golden, I don't think you should have toned down your post and when I said it made me cry, that is not a bad thing! I could relate in many ways and felt bad about what you must have gone through but never meant for you to change what you wrote!