• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Buhner Lyme Protocol

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Martial
how is it going on Dr Jernigans' herbs?
I'm looking at trying the Buhner and Cowden protocol until I've decided what I'm doing longer term. Don't feel its a good thing to do nothing even whilst waiting to make decisions. The little critters don't stop do they??:(

Lotus97

If you're not sure then it's likely that it's not working. What have you been you taking exactly?
Did you take the Buhner test to make sure each herb is the right one for you?
Up to three years before seeing signs of a recovery? I'm not sure that's true. If something works it should be apparent within a few weeks or couple of months at the latest. But if one persists with stuff that doesn't work well, then I can understand it might take even years.
Andrographis did not wok against the cystic form of Borrelia, nor any other herb I tried (including samento e banderol) only Metronidazole did that for me.
I forgot...if you any coinfections his book on the subject is a good read.
Did you read the article I posted? I think he explains why Lyme treatment especially takes so long sometimes. Dr. Horowitz does an even better job in his new book explaining how difficult it is to treat Lyme. There's a lot more than just prescribing antibiotics.

xrunner

@Lotus97
Progress, recovery and being cured are different concepts. It may take up to a few years to recover but for progress to start -- that's what I meant for signs of recovery -- I am not convinced, especially if you're using herbs.
Their anti-inflammatory effects and relief from symptoms should be coming through fairly rapidly. If they're not, then something is probably not right.
The herb may not be working or not being right for you, something else could be at play ecc. An example, my mum and I have both lyme, japanese knotweed worked for me but it never worked for her but she does very well on cat's claw and reishi.
Yes I read the article and I had also read the book, I agree on what he says about antibiotics less on most of the other topics. Of course Lyme is not easy to treat (I know) and why some people can't be completely cured is another matter.
Best wishes.

aaron_c

Any updates on how things have progressed? Did anyone stick with it? Did anyone have to stop early? Especially looking for input from @Lotus97 (if you still exist) and @Martial

Martial

Any updates on how things have progressed? Did anyone stick with it? Did anyone have to stop early? Especially looking for input from @Lotus97 (if you still exist) and @Martial

I'm doing significantly more well, though I would not say completely symptom free. I have a normal life again though, which I am infinitely grateful for. It can be a long process and sometimes you need to find what works best for you, but I don't regret the time and research I had to put in to get there for a second.

Martial

@Martial
how is it going on Dr Jernigans' herbs?
I'm looking at trying the Buhner and Cowden protocol until I've decided what I'm doing longer term. Don't feel its a good thing to do nothing even whilst waiting to make decisions. The little critters don't stop do they??:(

I am no longer using the Dr Jernigan or Cowden herbs, but I did use them for a while and they did help. I really have had the most success with the Buhner protocol, it is also vastly cheaper. I bought all my herbs in bulk powder and pay a third of what I used to for my treatment each month. I agree. Being on at least something is important, not doing anything can cause the infection to just linger around.

tudiemoore

Can anybody give me specific information about ordering herbs for Buhner's protocol? I would really like to order from one source due to my poor brain losing track of so many details, of everything!
I want to begin with tinctures as I think I can manage adjusting for any reactions better.

Have looked at so many of the sites he recommends!

I am currently reading bruhnertreatslyme.com, not sure about the address, but there's tons of information.
From what I am understanding, his core protocol now is Japanese knotweed, cat's claw, and eleutherococcus.

He gives others as you progress and specific information on possible reactions, etc. He is very impressive, both in his knowledge and, as said, his compassion.

I am finishing up seven weeks of IV infusions (Rocephin) and may have a few more. I want to follow up with the herbs, then see what happens. I have had Lyme and CFS for 18 years or so.

I have had no discernable responses at this time, pretty much continuing with my fatigue, brain fog.
Well, I guess I can say I have some, a little less, fatigue and brain fog.
Varies though--and of course I overdo then!

I know this thread is old, older?, but had to start somewhere!!!!

T. Moore