• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

upcoming surgery

jann1033

OK was hoping this stupid flare was gone but its not so any advice as to how to prepare for major surgery June 30? I've been resting like crazy but as soon as I do anything I start the drunk woman stagger and pretty bad fatigue (e.g.had to go for blood work and the handicapped parking is a lonnnnnggggg walk).

I'm supposed to be doing exercises (knee replacement so really easy for "noncfs" exercises for leg strengthening but not do much with cfs) so that may be helping the CFS bloom ;/. I'm trying to drink h2o to raise blood volume ( what they encouraged)but I really am afraid i'm going to be in big trouble .

Last surgery(Sept) =flare and I was doing good CFS wise before that. Also trying to figure out how to walk like a drunk and not totally screw up the new knee( you aren't supposed to pivot that leg and I have to kind of shuffle sideways to stop falling when I lose my balance) since even with a cane I keep falling into walls presently.

I will have a walker but not sure that will help that much. They use a spinal and put you to sleep if you want( yes please since it totally creeps me out and I really don't want to hear them sawing my leg) but not really general anesthesia I don't think so maybe that will help(?)