• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Roar

golden

After trialling a month on the raw 80 10 10 (low fat high carb vegan) diet and seeing benefits such as :

*increased energy

*bowel/brain inflammation significantly reduced

*better eyesight

*easier period

I came off it, ate cooked foods and got the inflammation back and had a bad period.

So now, i no longer particularly want to be raw as the initial enthusiasm with sonething new has gone :) but am going to try a Round 2 anyway to see if I can gain repeat results.

Downside was I lost two belt holes (dont kniw how much in real weight) and i cant really afford to lose weight....

If i need to eat cooked food during this month I will have an evening meal and load it with raw foods.

I have discovered two things that have hindered me which i thought was helping me.

1) adding salt.
2) adding coconoil and fats

Fats in particular around my period intensify my pain considerably.

The actual diet plan is very simplistic and contains mono eating. This aids digestion. So one meal maybe a Watermelon.
One meal maybe 12 bananas and one meal maybe a large salad and few nuts.

I really enjoy blending bananas in just water. I like salad in a glass its realky tasty.... But the idea is to eat whole foods.

An Abundance of Vitamin X *** This diet contains all the
Vitamins and Minerals which has not been discovered yet :)

I
have recently taken echtrosept. And last week took Staphysgaria 200c. (initially for my elderly dog - i tried it too)

The first dose an hour later i got pain and diarrhea - it was a swift clear out. Day two the same
but i never usally get this. i have no problems with a lot of remedies now, I think this is due to the Perrin Technique. or d

Ambrosia_angel

Its so great that you succeeded. Im jealous to be honest. :D

I pretty much failed to do any sort of raw diet or even stick to being vegan. At first i was good. High carb vegan. Mainly raw till 4. Then I started going of track recently and have ate meat/fish 5 times, ate dairy twice. Eating tons of ice cream (vegan), cookies, and wheat. Since I've been eating rubbish I've had the first cold in what seems like ages for me. The diet definitely built up my defenses. I've also had issues with my tummy and have had runny bowel movements along with constipation. I've felt really sluggish too. Nothing like when I was mainly eating raw.

The main reason for me deflecting is a lack of discipline and honestly just being lazy.

When I went completely raw for a few day I lost weight. I wasn't 80/10/10 and wasn't counting calories but I can see why people have issues with that. Its great for people wanting to loose weight and is quite sustainable long term but it can be hard if your already. There aren't many overweight raw vegans and the reason for that is because it is pretty hard for for fruit an veg to make you put on weight. I'm pretty shocked to find articles stating that fruit will make you fat. It would be impossible to find an obese fruitarian.

I think that if you are loosing weight then maybe a raw till four diet will be more sustainable. 80/10/10 doesn't always suit everyone long term but raw till four can suit anyone in my opinion. I read that having a cooked meal in the evenings can sustain you better till the morning. Even two really popular promoters of the 80/10/10 diet say that they eat a raw till four now just because they find it more sustainable.

I'm going to create a whole weeks worth of food in a menu before I start any sort of diet so I can have a variety of meals which was one of the big reasons why it didn't work for me.

It would be amazing if more people on here considered 80/10/10, raw till four or just high carb vegan. Its not a cure but I positively think it may help.

Last edited:

golden

Hey, i had a bit of a Chip gorge between round one and round two :) lol Even the top athletes doing this have said after they come off the diet they have stuffed their faces with junk...its part of the process it seems... Then they return to raw cos they can clearly see the benefits....

I dont think in terms of success or failure or goals even cos it sets tension up in my system that otherwise isnt there. So just trying to casually have a Fruit Fest here
by myself :)

golden

@Ambrosia_angel,

There was a guy who went raw for a year and cured a load if stuff - he has inspired me again... I will find link. Plus my body is sending me clear signals...

I dont know about any ME/CFS people trying this diet unless they feel strong intuition to do so as messing with diet can cause relapse.

I have been introducing raw over the last two years along with Perrin Technique and then suddenly found I am great with bananas and nuts now - no probs at all. Which is a big help as i can get speckled bananas for 10p a bag (ha ha the joke is that they sell them off cheap just when theyre ripe to eat :) :) )

Problems i had and overcome:

1) never never let myself get hungry or else cravings come.

2) buying tart/bitter fruit is a nuisance and i dont eat it as it upsets my system

3) feeling acid adter fruit - i chase it with salad or fast until it passes.

4) when weather goes dull and cold i must keep self very warm or else crave cooked food.

:)

golden

Had a minor false start after I posted this thread.

This was because I ate 12 organic majool dates. Oops. Oh, i felt ill.

Whilst Dates are utterly delicious, it seems you CAN eat one too many :)

I had a quinoa and veg cooked meal to try to settle the queasiness which it did nicely.

After that its all been going very well. Lots of water, getting used to drinking more as i get up...

Lots of bananas, Oranges, cucumber, celery, herbs, tomatoes, etc.etc. Little bundles of Miracles :)

Am finishing a punnet of purple grapes off right now - but some of the grapes taste funny which is not nice. It really puts a spanner in the works as i have limited fruit budget.

I have been stronger and able to surf this months full moon energy very well (can crash on a full moon even when doing nothing if below baseline).

Also taken Homeopathic Silica 30c. And Merc Sol 30c.

Havent got into the habit yet of counting calories.

Able to tackle physical labour jobs.

The current hot weather is helping me crave the fruit.

Just got my grape buzz hit now :) It is very nice in deed.

golden

I wouldnt have bothered calculating this if I hadnt started this thread :)

Its not precise because I need to buy scales to weigh the fruit when peeled. But its quite accurate.

This is what I have eaten today and the Calories:

1) 500g Purple Grapes = 325 Calories

2) Oranges 1500g = 306 Calories

3) 2lb Bananas (9 ) = 807 Calories

4) 3 slices GF bread = 312 Calories

5) 1lb Romaine lettuce = 77 Calories

6) 220g (1 punnet Tomkin Tomatoes) = 46 Cal

7) 1 Large Cucumber = 40 Calories

8) 225g bluberries = 141 Cal

9) 4 x medjool dates = 180 Calories

Total Calories = 2233
(Dont know how number 4 got in there :) )

Also had some olives and herbs.

I will try and stick to a menu plan from the book as it has the ratio of 80 10 10 all calculated - i only just managed to calculate the calories tonight.

I had the punnet of bluberries blended with three of the bananas in a bit of water and it was pleasant, smooth and easy to sip with a hint of bluberry fragrance aftertaste...

I hand juiced half an orange at a time, drinking immediately with all the pulp.

golden

I had a bad night and symptoms of gluten :-/ I can only assume the Gluten Free Bread had a bad effect on me. Never again. Lesson learned.

Good day though.

Had an amusing smoothy combo of Bananas and romaine lettuce. I used a whole head of lettuce wgen tge recipee calls for half - it was OK but not the best. I

Spent the morning sipping it whilst busying myself - it was 846 Calories.

Since I got it from the book I have the breakdown:

770 Calories from Carbs
46 Calories from Protein
30 Calories from Fat

The ratio is 91/5/4 (carb/protein/fat)

It doesnt hace to be 80/10/10 for every meal as it all balances out.

I went out this afternoon in my bicycle to the shops and took much longer and this messed things up a bit.
(i forgot my bicycle and got on the train home. Tut. I had to go back for it lol- took ages and started to struggle).

So, with the good start of 846 Calories - i had -

Coconut water (out and stranded) - 58 Calories
half punnet strawberries - 60 Calories

when i got back home - 3 bananas and a punnet of bluberries - 456 Calories

I was very pleased to discover this 'smoothie' set into a lively dessert and i needed a spoon to eat it - i will be doing this again as i loved the texture.

Spinach mixed salad and quinoa - ^284

5 mejool dates - 232 Calories

Total: 1936.

I took two Homeopathic Arnica 30c when i arrived home - this helped me.

I think i need to be aiming for 2,500 Calories per day. I will see how i go. I had the Quinoa as i knew i got behind when i went out...

I bought a really nice Summer Hat (a change from my woolly one). It is the biggest hat i have ever bought. really feels good and a bonus is that people give the hat plenty of room :) If I tilt my head down a little whilst wearing it - it blocks everything in view out - handy.

I am going to try and have a nourishing week this week and do enjoyable things. I am thrilled that baby Cucumbers have appeared on my plants :) :) :)

golden

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5713&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50

i was looking for the homeopathic remedies to treat gluten intolerance. I am not trying the nosodes as i am not experienced enough and cant find a homeopath who fully gets M.E.

I was interested in the remedies in this thread. I took 30c of Silica this morning. Its nice.

I was thinking i may try pulsatilla and it occurred to me to try thuja for my lumpy grizzly bit that sits behind my left collarbone and sometimes enlarges. Otherwise not really niticeable.

Then I researched Psorinum. This seems to be an interesting remedy. I am thinking about giving it a go. Maybe.

(just popped off to get the link)

golden

Will not be mixing bananas with other fruit again. This is because it weakened my digestion, bananas taken longer to digest than the berries and can leave an acid feeling

Mono eating is very good.

golden

Hey, i had a bit of a Chip gorge between round one and round two :) lol Even the top athletes doing this have said after they come off the diet they have stuffed their faces with junk...its part of the process it seems... Then they return to raw cos they can clearly see the benefits....

I dont think in terms of success or failure or goals even cos it sets tension up in my system that otherwise isnt there. So just trying to casually have a Fruit Fest here
by myself :)

Just clarifying what i meant here by chip gorge. This was one medium portion of chips a day - for three days running. :)

golden

I have tried this diet on off on off now. Went off it for a week and a bit , possibly two. And saw a big drop in my energy and got my symptoms back. Inflammation, sinisitus etc.

So, i am taking this more seriously now since i feel it will give me a genuine shot at more improvement.

I have been fully on it for the last week (or a bit more maybe) And all the benefits have returned.

The more i improve, the easier it will be. My brain is feeling less like concrete and more fluid again.

I would love to have my brain back!!!

I learnt crochet. Something i was unable to do when i last tried. I am wearing the first piece which looks like a red rose as a necklace.

My second ever bit of crochet turned into a yellow banana - (unplanned) - i found that funny.

My cucumbers are delicious. I let them go without water a few times and nearly lost them but they all recovered. no ripe tomatoes yet.

I am hoping to build on this and get proper crops.

Been watching a beautiful ladybird larvae that landed on the mint. Just amazing

Still needing lots of rest. But the quality of being up and about , when i am is vastly improved.

brenda

Here's a good recipe for you if you like organic mejool dates and chocolate!

Chocolate chia lollies.

3 Tbs organic chia seeds ground
10-12 rosemary leaves
2 cups made up raw organic coconut powder with water (or use coconut milk)
10 organic mejool dates
2 rounded Tbs raw organic cocao powder
.25 cup blackberries crushed (or raw organic coconut nectar to taste - cheaper at iherb)
.25 cup chopped organic raw chocolate paste, nibs or liquor.

Grind rosemary leaves and chia seeds. Put coconut milk cacao powder, dates and nectar if using in a blender and blend. Stir in nibs and blackberries. Put in lolly moulds and freeze. Sorry cant remember where I got recipe from so hope it is okay to use it. They are YUM!

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
When I was treated by Traditional Chinese Medicine, I was told to cook my vegetables because they were much easier to digest that way. Someone with a strong constitution may not have any difficulty with raw veggies.

The problem I see with so much fruit is that fruit is basically sugar and can be just as problematic as eating sweet snacks. Granted, there's a lot of fiber, so the sugar is released a bit slower.

If I were to go on a vegan diet, I would try to eat a lot of cooked veggies, stay away from allergenic carbs like wheat and corn, and add a few fruit servings to taste. I don't know what I'd do for protein, as the body does require about 60g of protein/day. Beans and rice? Or cheat and have some fish, chicken or eggs if you tolerate them?

Good luck with everything.

golden

Here's a good recipe for you if you like organic mejool dates and chocolate!

Chocolate chia lollies.

3 Tbs organic chia seeds ground
10-12 rosemary leaves
2 cups made up raw organic coconut powder with water (or use coconut milk)
10 organic mejool dates
2 rounded Tbs raw organic cocao powder
.25 cup blackberries crushed (or raw organic coconut nectar to taste - cheaper at iherb)
.25 cup chopped organic raw chocolate paste, nibs or liquor.

Grind rosemary leaves and chia seeds. Put coconut milk cacao powder, dates and nectar if using in a blender and blend. Stir in nibs and blackberries. Put in lolly moulds and freeze. Sorry cant remember where I got recipe from so hope it is okay to use it. They are YUM!

Thanks Brenda :)

They sound unusual and tasty. Have bookmarked them for future.

For now, i am keeping it simple. My tastebuds are changed -

As complicated as its getting is:

I added some dates to banana smoothy and it gave it a toffee twist.

golden

When I was treated by Traditional Chinese Medicine, I was told to cook my vegetables because they were much easier to digest that way. Someone with a strong constitution may not have any difficulty with raw veggies.

The problem I see with so much fruit is that fruit is basically sugar and can be just as problematic as eating sweet snacks. Granted, there's a lot of fiber, so the sugar is released a bit slower.

If I were to go on a vegan diet, I would try to eat a lot of cooked veggies, stay away from allergenic carbs like wheat and corn, and add a few fruit servings to taste. I don't know what I'd do for protein, as the body does require about 60g of protein/day. Beans and rice? Or cheat and have some fish, chicken or eggs if you tolerate them?

Good luck with everything.

Thanks cfs_for_19_years.

I am going by my body. I have cleared most addictions - so getting good feedback now.

Once again i have noticed immediate improvement in my eye colour - i dont often look in the mirror - but they strikingly go blue. And have life in them.

I am aiming to get 80 10 10 but am still just mostly raw, some days all raw, the exception being in the evening meal if i want a cooked meal and large salad i will have it but

no soy/dairy/meat/gluten/processed/eggs/junk/grain

I understand the different philosophies since i like Ayruveda and Macrobiotics.

Raw vegan and in particular 811rv is a different way again.

Protein is a big subject. But I believe there is more than adequate top quality protein in this diet.

There is currently protein overdose occurring, i think due to meat and dairy propaganda.

Symptoms include constipation, toxemia, cancer, auto-immune probs, arthritis etc.

Digestive fire is improving along with the diet.

I have onky seen reference to John Robbins book - healthy at 100. The lifestyles and eating patterns of abkhasia (russia), vilcabamba (ecuador), hunza (pakistan), traditionally consuming :

high carbohydrate and little fat.

( abkhasia 10% diet from animal foods, vilcabamba 1%, hunza 1%)

Overall daily calories were 17-1800 for all three groups. Percentage of calories from protein was around 10%.

Not interested too much in the 'science' - new study now confirms organic vegetables and fruit much healthier - who would have known this!

Just seeing how i get on.

Last edited:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
I agree your body will tell you what it needs once you have cleared the addictions. I had food allergy testing done by an integrative doctor about five years ago and I was allergic to most grains, soy, dairy, eggs and chocolate! It took about a month to stop craving sugar and another month to stop craving chocolate. I didn't feel any better on the diet, even though the doctor told me it was essential. I'd stopped consuming dairy and eggs long before that diet though.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
@brenda, the lollies sound wonderful - mejool dates, chocolate, blackberries! I don't know if I will be able to get chia seeds. Do you think flax seed meal would work?

golden

So, I was disappointed to hit the first cold snap of winter a few weeks ago.

I had deep empathy for someones appalling situation and this turned into fruitless worry. Coupled with the cold snap which my body didnt handle very well I went back to my old ways.and settled everything down with

Non-dairy Turmeric / Cinnamon /black pepper Milk

Root veg particularly orange and yelliw and sweet with tamari and grain.

However I couldnt stay in ky old ways (vegan macrobiotic) because symptoms would return, sinusitis/inflammation etc.

However something was missing all raw just before my monthly cycle and i couldnt work out what it was.

So disappointed that I didnt convert quick enough and reach 811 before the cold weather...

but thrilled to have found a new avenue to explore and a way to pack myself full of holistic vitamins and minerals.

Its a slow process. I wouldnt expect full recovery to come in anything under a year of doing it full time. But i cant do it.

It gave me the ability to go out again on ky own and shop. Whilst it was horribly mundane after all that looking forward to it - I was starting to worry i would never get out again on my own. I can walk my dog most evenings. - but only evenings (someone threw something out of their car at me the other night lol)

I would say i am consistent part time health but its still full time work.

I cant go too long now without fruit. Its essential to me.

Today its hot i have had a watermelon, 6 bananas, dates, and some quinoa/potato curry so currently 50/50 as i was
starting to go downhill on too much cooked food.

Last edited: