• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

World of One Room: Jessica Walking after 8 Years Restricted to Bed

Firestormm

Reposted to Jessica's Facebook page from Canary in a Coal Mine who are featuring Jessica and her story in their documentary film:

Visit Jessica's Facebook Page: The World of One Room :thumbsup::balloons:

Had to share this picture with you guys! STANDING UP ‪#‎LONGWAYUP‬ STYLE! The smile says it all!

10446060_407694179368321_8308301385200970955_o.jpg

Canary in a Coal Mine

"This week, we also shot a miraculous moment at a hospital south of London. Jessica Taylor, with her mother, Kate, standing again after eight years in bed."

We're on the road! Check out these updates from London, Princeton and Lake Tahoe:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/959776320/canary-in-a-coal-mine/posts/866002

NK17

Reposted to Jessica's Facebook page from Canary in a Coal Mine who are featuring Jessica and her story in their documentary film:

Visit Jessica's Facebook Page: The World of One Room :thumbsup::balloons:

I'm overjoyed for Jessica as well as a backer of Jen Brea's film, these two young ladies are treasures to human beings!

We can only hope and work together to see more of this good stories.

Let's remember we climb the mountain one step at the time ;).

I also think the times are ripe for a real international movement of PWME, caregivers and doctors to break the wall of bad science and misinformation and start to climb our mountain, one step at the time.

Firestormm

Great news for Jessica! Do we know what treatment finally got her out of bed after 8 years?

I can't discover 'a' reason though do read her Facebook page and see if you can. She mentions hydrotherapy, and acupuncture on her page most recently, but I don't think they are direct contributors to this development necessarily: at least Jess doesn't specifically put it down to anything.

It may be that it has 'simply happened' after a lot of gentle persistence, or that 'the time was right'... I really don't know/it isn't clear, and no drugs are mentioned either for example; however this is one very determined young lady who is clearly much loved and supported.

This also happened recently, and for the first time in 8 years:

The World in One Room

May 28, 2014

"For lhe first time in 8 years, it seems so simple but it was so SO INCREDIBLE to wash my face for myself!! I don't like to preach but we should really take joy in all of life's amazing things, like washing your face! #longwayup #keepspreadingit "

Click HERE to watch the video :)

Last edited: