• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

BP and HR monitors

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I'm looking to buy one that I can keep on constantly. I don't really want the chest strap type, but if they are really better then I will look at them. I just want to know what's happening to my heart, it seems to play up when I feel ill, I feel my heart sort of stop and then get going again, more palpitations etc.?

Any info / advice, which one do you have?

When I'm feeling better I don't have these problems so something is going on to affect it. Be nice to understand it a bit better.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have the same problem. When I feel bad I can feel my heart beating more. Today, after decent sleep I have no problems. I'm convinced it virus/infection but I'm curious to see what others recommend.

@maryb - There are wrist heart rate monitors which can give constant output. They use optical sensors.

There are relatively cheap ones available if you're mostly sedentary while using them. But if you're more active, especially making a lot of big arm movements, than a more expensive one with a motion sensor might be necessary. Basically the arm motions interfere with the optical sensors, but the motion sensors compensate for it.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Valentijn
can you recommend one?
seems you need 2 types - one for oxygen levels & HR and another for BP is that right?

@Valentijn
can you recommend one?
seems you need 2 types - one for oxygen levels & HR and another for BP is that right?
I don't think the wrist units can do oxygen. You'd need a pulse oximeter for that, which would also show heart rate. But it's not very convenient for wearing all day, usually it's just used for a few minutes at a time.

You can't get constant BP tracking. Basically the inflatable arm cuff is about as good as it gets. There are wrist units, but they still have to be inflated each time you want a result, and they're less accurate.

I know that Mio Alpha is a wrist HR monitor with motion sensor. The cheaper ones at http://www.mioglobal.com/uk/Shop/Department.aspx?DeptID=1&& look like they lack a watch face, so not as useful. I'll probably get one now that they're available in Europe :D

Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Valentijn
thanks for that info, I was looking today but got tired as also ordered a wheelchair. Will have another look tomorrow and report back.

brenda

@maryb
Some surgeries have home monitors but mine hasn't. They relay the reading to the surgery. Why not just get your bp down? Celery juice does it and so does a rife machine.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@brenda
Its not really about my BP more about my HR and jumping heart, also my BP monitor keeps showing AF so I would like to understand more what's going on.
I can't tolerate celery, I was looking at rife machines last week. I read about someone who use too high a frequency the first time and ended up in ER. Shows you its doing something. How are you doing with yours?

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I feel my heart sort of stop and then get going again, more palpitations etc.?
There are such things as premature beats (PVCs and PACs) which are almost always benign. When part of the heart autofires early, there is delay and then things get back to normal.

But then there are (less common) conditions of an actually missing beat. That can be from heart block, caused by something like viral myocarditis, which can be very dangerous. You might be able to hear the difference with a stethoscope, then verify via a doctor with an EKG.

brenda

@brenda
Its not really about my BP more about my HR and jumping heart, also my BP monitor keeps showing AF so I would like to understand more what's going on.
I can't tolerate celery, I was looking at rife machines last week. I read about someone who use too high a frequency the first time and ended up in ER. Shows you its doing something. How are you doing with yours?

There is a danger of using a rife for too long and herxing badly but not likely with careful use. I have been having success doing emotion and detox frequencies. I am doing vitamin deficiencies then more detox and finally going in for the kill. I have brought bp down and used it for salmonella successfully.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I got the one Sushi suggested. It's ok but not great. This looks interesting but it's too much $$$ for me right now.

Other's might be interested though. Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Keela Too I also heard Apple may have a heart monitor on the new iPhone 6 which comes out in a few weeks. I'm tossing around upgrading to that so that might be a good option.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I got the one Sushi suggested. It's ok but not great. This looks interesting but it's too much $$$ for me right now.

Other's might be interested though. Thanks

What specific issues are you having with yours? Interested cause, so far, mine has not misbehaved, has been accurate when I've taken it with me to the doc for comparison, etc.

Sushi

Thanks I can't seem to open it. Is this something that will help with pots testing? I'm going to see my doctor about that soon.

Is there any particular reason that the text of the link in your post and the actual location that the link points at are very different? Sorry, but it's looking a little dodgy :p