• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

International Conference on Vector-borne Diseases 2014 May 26th - 27th, 2014, Oslo, Norway

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
International Conference on Vector-borne Diseases 2014
May 26th - 27th, 2014, Oslo, Norway

http://norvect.no/conference-2014/about-the-conference/

I´ve been told that the conference will be video recorded. I´ll post again when I can tell how to buy the DVD´s.

This could be very interesting. Great speakers. They include lab directors from both Igenex and Infectolab, as well as many very respected clinicians and researchers who are studying and treating Lyme and co-infections.

Sushi

Helen

I got a report from a doctor who were there during the two days. Testing is rather different between countries and there is so far no 100 % valid test. The most promising might be the LTT test and if anyone will be able to culture the spirochetes and show in a study that this is valid. As far as I understood no test is proved valid in any study. Pulsed treatment with antibiotics was discussed as an option. Four days of antibiotics and three days off a.s.o.

About treatment, Dr. Horowitz had good speeches and all of it and more, should be in his latest book. Also Dr. Burrascano had good speeches, but I didn´t get any specific news from it. He has generously published this guide free (http://www.lymenet.org/BurrGuide200810.pdf) . Too many of the speakers were difficult to understand because of accents. I haven´t got any information yet about the DVD´s that will be for sale. Sorry I don´t have more to tell from the conference, but I will buy the DVD´s and try to tell if there are important news.

Last edited:
I got a report from a doctor who were there during the two days. Testing is rather different between countries and there is so far no 100 % valid test. The most promising might be the LTT test and if anyone will be able to culture the spirochetes and show in a study that this is valid. As far as I understood no test is proved valid in any study. Pulsed treatment with antibiotics was discussed as an option. Four days of antibiotics and three days off a.s.o.
That's how mine will be. 6 weeks of the first antibiotic, 4 days on and 3 off. Then 6 weeks of a different antibiotic with 3 days on and 4 days off.

Helen

That's how mine will be. 6 weeks of the first antibiotic, 4 days on and 3 off. Then 6 weeks of a different antibiotic with 3 days on and 4 days off.

Interesting. Do you know your doctors reasons for that? What kind/brands of antibiotics are you on?

Now I recall that another way of pulsing was mentioned too. 4-6 weeks on and then some weeks off. And so on till the symptoms are gone. Anyone on this protocol?

Interesting. Do you know your doctors reasons for that? What kind/brands of antibiotics are you on?
I don't know the doctor's reasons, but from what I've read it sounds like some antibiotics stick around for a few days after taking them for a few days. I'm on IV rocephine first, then IV azithromycin.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I don't know the doctor's reasons, but from what I've read it sounds like some antibiotics stick around for a few days after taking them for a few days. I'm on IV rocephine first, then IV azithromycin.

Yes, the protocols for IV abx seem to be different--I think they do act longer. With orals it seems to usually be every day.

Sushi