• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Leaky Gut - great website!

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Good info, but cutting down dairy, gluten and eggs is a great struggle and after years of doing it for months without changes now I have little perseverance. :( I guess my problem has been only doing diet most of the time without supplements etc.

Last edited:

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Its too much for me to read at the moment. But I've been dairy, gluten, egg free for 5yrs..........

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Its too much for me to read at the moment. But I've been dairy, gluten, egg free for 5yrs..........
It seems that is not enough, you need the diet plus something personalized to your problems be it antinflammatory compounds or probiotics... Or why not antibiotics if you have a chronic infection... whatever is causing the chronic gut dysfunction. This is when an expensive doctor comes into play I´d say, too bad for me.

xchocoholic

OOPS! its http://syontix.com

could you please edit that sushi? thank you!!!!

Hi. I didn't see an article on leaky gut. No doubt I could've missed it tho. Lol.

Fwiw I enjoyed his/her writings but this story isn't new. I first found all this on the web in 2005.

The reason the paleo diet, cordain or wahls version, is so popular is that it involves eliminating known intolerances including foods and chemicals. Removing these burdens allows the body a chance to heal itself.

It now takes using several digestive enzymes with my meals to feel better. At first in 2005 all I needed was to get off toxic foods. I'm a 58 year old celiac who ate gluten after getting sick with me/cfs tho so digestion is going to be a problem. Causing more damage on top of damage isn't going to heal properly.

Tc .. x

Daffodil

Hi. I didn't see an article on leaky gut. No doubt I could've missed it tho. Lol.

Fwiw I enjoyed his/her writings but this story isn't new. I first found all this on the web in 2005.

The reason the paleo diet, cordain or wahls version, is so popular is that it involves eliminating known intolerances including foods and chemicals. Removing these burdens allows the body a chance to heal itself.

It now takes using several digestive enzymes with my meals to feel better. At first in 2005 all I needed was to get off toxic foods. I'm a 58 year old celiac who ate gluten after getting sick with me/cfs tho so digestion is going to be a problem. Causing more damage on top of damage isn't going to heal properly.

Tc .. x
hi x. I think if you click on the side links the articles are good. I guess its not new stuff really but I have never seen leaky gut explained so well.

sometimes I read its good to take inulin or starches and then I read it it very bad. no one knows much yet I suppose

xchocoholic

Hi. Is it just me ? I see info on dysbiosis but not leaky gut.

I'd heard pre biotics were good so I take Blue Bonnet pre and pro. It's not like I'm expecting a miracle cure from probiotics tho. Been there. Done that. Too bad Kombucha wasn't the miracle cure.

I was happy to see his / her reference to using garlic for sibo. I'm on it now for e coli in my urinary tract. Good to know it will fix that too. So far so good. Well, except for how it the burns my mouth.

Tc .. x

RML

Looks a good site, just gave it a quick glance so far. Look into it more when Im feeling a bit better. Seems to have information of many stuff I need to research. Thanks @Daffodil

Daffodil

Hi. Is it just me ? I see info on dysbiosis but not leaky gut.

I'd heard pre biotics were good so I take Blue Bonnet pre and pro. It's not like I'm expecting a miracle cure from probiotics tho. Been there. Done that. Too bad Kombucha wasn't the miracle cure.

I was happy to see his / her reference to using garlic for sibo. I'm on it now for e coli in my urinary tract. Good to know it will fix that too. So far so good. Well, except for how it the burns my mouth.

Tc .. x
hi x. isn't dysbiosis the same thing as leaky gut?

zzz0r

I have been wondering, if having dysbiosis do you need to have symptoms like burning stomach, digestion issues, stomachaches , IBS, or you can still have dysbiosis without having these issues?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I also have been dairy, gluten, and egg free for about 5 years with little improvement

We haven't found the magic key yet have we?:( I'm just waiting on a Lyme test result, already positive for a co-infection so maybe something you might consider?

xchocoholic

hi x. isn't dysbiosis the same thing as leaky gut?

Hi. No. Dysbiosis just means bacteria and other freindly organisms are out of whack. Leaky gut indicates larger than normal holes in intestinal barrier.

I think it was dr fasano who explains this so well. If not probably Dr Rodney Ford.

Celiacs have leaky gut due to villi damage but there are other reasons for villi damage including nsaids. Anyone can have dysbiosis.

Clear as mud, eh ? Lol. Tc .. x

xchocoholic

I also have been dairy, gluten, and egg free for about 5 years with little improvement

Are these all of your food and chemical intolerances ? If not your body will still be too busy fighting inflammation to heal.

I ended up on a paleo / low oxalate diet due to leaky gut. If you look around this is common for those with leaky gut. Gluten cross contamination is another reason some don't heal. Gf foods are typically cross contaminated.

Fwiw, just started being able to cheat and eat gf processed foods without feeling horrible last year. It took me appr 8 years to be able to do this. I got carried away, naturally, but am heading back to eating more paleo.

I have too many diagnosises to heal completely but it's mostly my OI and pem that keep me disabled. Several of my dx are proven auto immune which is the norm for celiacs. Others may be auto immune but not proven.

TC ... x

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I have been wondering, if having dysbiosis do you need to have symptoms like burning stomach, digestion issues, stomachaches , IBS, or you can still have dysbiosis without having these issues?

Yes, you can have dysbiosis without those symptoms, I did.

Sushi