• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New to forum and topic / 23andme test

Hi guys,
I will probably post later a short history of my health issues
I'm based in East Europe and for now I just need help regarding 23andme test order and report.
Ive spoken to a practitioner (not yet consulting with) and Its the 23andme I need and a good GI profile: Doctors Data, Metametrix ...Tried in my country for years a GI profile but very little succes.

I have frequently brain fog (due to my ilness) so i cant read very well on the website.

How do I order the kit 23andme? have to have an account? need a practitioner for 23andme to order? could pay with bankcard?
After being ordered how long would take the kit to arrive to me/East Europe.

What kind of sample is it? saliva or blood?

Is the distance / time to arrived from me to the lab affect the quality of the sample?
Like I should send it no more than in 5 days - send by DHL like services?

Would a current illness affect the results? Or it doesnt affect them?
By symptoms and finding I have at least CBS/SUOX - chronic Hpylori and chronic candida...

Are there any special custom conditions for human sample material?

Many thanks for your feedback and sorry for many questions.

Bono

taniaaust1

How do I order the kit 23andme

Go to their website and order it from there https://www.23andme.com/ .
have to have an account?

Yes.. getting an account there is free. You need an account there to get your results (which is the raw data which you then can run it thou programs like geneticgenie to find mutations. Note they no longer do the health reports but you can find out a lot using the raw data from there and putting it into other programs etc). You pay for it just like you would do with any other online buying.

need a practitioner for 23andme to order?

No

After being ordered how long would take the kit to arrive to me/East Europe.

The site would say that. Mine was quite fast coming to Australia.. faster then I was expecting.

What kind of sample is it? saliva or blood?

Saliva
Is the distance / time to arrived from me to the lab affect the quality of the sample?
Like I should send it no more than in 5 days - send by DHL like services?

They supply all the stuff and info for freighting including what you need to say when you ring for the courier pick up (I think it was DHL). That cost is covered by them.

Would a current illness affect the results? Or it doesnt affect them?
By symptoms and finding I have at least CBS/SUOX - chronic Hpylori and chronic candida...

Illness wont matter. Geneticgenie will tell you if you have CBS and other methylation mutations when you put your raw data from 23andME into there. Other then DNA mutations .. or illnesses related to those (most illnesses can be related to DNA issues), 23andME cant tell you other health issues eg candida

Are there any special custom conditions for human sample material?

Not for this with sending it out from my country. Most countries are fine but you will need to check if 23andME will do your country or not (as some places cant do this, the ones 23andME doesnt post out to).

Last edited:
tania, many thanks for your answer!

it definitively helped - I felt overwhelmed on the website. I felt the same on the Doctors Data website for stool sample.
I think for normal person its easy but I'm foggy all the time.

Maybe will be back with some questions after.
How long should maximum take to have the raw data ? more or less.

Is Anyone else send it from Europe?

Valentijn

How long should maximum take to have the raw data ? more or less.

Is Anyone else send it from Europe?
I think about 6 weeks is average. I sent mine to and from Europe. Pretty simple, just costs a lot extra for the expedited international shipping.