• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Article: A Visit to Dr. Peterson Pt. III - SPECT Scan and Some Test Results by Corinne

Corinne, thank you so much for sharing your story. I have a question for you- is it typical for a first time patient to stay in Reno for a few days for the first appointment? (for those that are out of town) And does he prefer to get the tests done locally with labs and medical imaging people that he knows? Thanks! And I am looking forward to the next part!!!

A
Corinne, thank you so much for sharing your story. I have a question for you- is it typical for a first time patient to stay in Reno for a few days for the first appointment? (for those that are out of town) And does he prefer to get the tests done locally with labs and medical imaging people that he knows? Thanks! And I am looking forward to the next part!!!

Kati, I can answer some of this. I would certainly arrange to stay at least for a couple of days. You'll have your appointment, the net day they'll want to do an MRI/SPEct in Reno, and there are often more blood tests Thursday morning. Dr. P does like to d them all himself. We learned why the hard way when our local hospital didn't send my husband's spinal fluid to the right place--whole LP for nothing.

Kati, I can answer some of this. I would certainly arrange to stay at least for a couple of days. You'll have your appointment, the net day they'll want to do an MRI/SPEct in Reno, and there are often more blood tests Thursday morning. Dr. P does like to d them all himself. We learned why the hard way when our local hospital didn't send my husband's spinal fluid to the right place--whole LP for nothing.

Thank you Anne, I probably need an appointment first- and there is probably 999 patients ahead of me...

Hi Kati. It is typical t have to go to Reno to the Diagnostic Center for tests...I had to go back two separate times....so it is up t you whether you chose to stay in Reno and commute to Incline to the office, or commute to Reno for the tests. It was easier to stay in Incline as I visited the office more than Reno. And yes, I believe he likes to use his own labs, etc. When I went to get things done, they all knew him and I believe they knew what he was looking for, etc. I was told beforehand not bother getting tests done at home, that he would want them downe there anyway.
Hope that helps.

Hey Corinne--Thanks for the report. Just wanted to point out, the Hyatt is not the only hotel in town, but is easily the priciest. I stayed at the Parkside Inn at Incline.

Hey Corinne--Thanks for the report. Just wanted to point out, the Hyatt is not the only hotel in town, but is easily the priciest. I stayed at the Parkside Inn at Incline.

Wouldn't that be great to have a personal coordinator that book all the flights, hotels, meals, tests and dr visits for us??? :)
Ha! How about our very own testing and treatment resort?

Hi Corinne, I am trying to get a SPECT scan done now but my insurance is denying it saying it is medically unnecessary. Did your insurance cover the SPECT scan? If so would you happen to know what IDC codes where used on the test request form? Thanks a lot!