• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Holly's conversion disorder fight

Martial

wtf is wrong with these doctors, she looks like classic case of lyme and co infections with those neurological issues!
They can't find anything because they aren't testing the right things!

Go to 45:00 mark, dead on example of same thing

edit sorry, i am getting frustrated at the wrong people, its not the fault of people in medicine, its these damn out dated theories, inadequate awareness, and denial of pathogenic borne diseases like CFS, Chronic Lyme, etc... Its all because of these damn labels, books, and trying to fit everyone into a neat little box, god forbid an unknown variable or case shows up, nope all in the head... see here, we even have a name for it... Its psychiatric get her some prozac state!

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Oh sorry Martial but I have extensive experience with doctors and they are very faulty, not entirely, but in a large proportion. Greedy, cold, arrrogant, truly ignorant in the genuine sense people. The true ignorant is that one who believes he knows enough to dismiss the options available (like the countless studies and tests they don´t even care to know about even while is their job) OR the options other "less knowledgeable" people suggest, like when a patient suggest he could have x or we could try y.

The result is that if you have some kind of chronic disease that cannot be diagnosed with the standard lame testing and knowledge most doctors use you can go years or all your life undiagnosed/untreated and commonly even insulted, which is done by the medical professionals themselves and the society at large, since you seem to be making up an illness and that is silly and pathetic.

Martial

Oh sorry Martial but I have extensive experience with doctors and they are very faulty, not entirely, but in a large proportion. Greedy, cold, arrrogant, truly ignorant in the genuine sense people. The true ignorant is that one who believes he knows enough to dismiss the options available (like the countless studies and tests they don´t even care to know about even while is their job) OR the options other "less knowledgeable" people suggest, like when a patient suggest he could have x or we could try y.

The result is that if you have some kind of chronic disease that cannot be diagnosed with the standard lame testing and knowledge most doctors use you can go years or all your life undiagnosed/untreated and commonly even insulted, which is done by the medical professionals themselves and the society at large, since you seem to be making up an illness and that is silly and pathetic.

I know, there are faults there too, I was so desperate to get help for myself too... Had to go through so many doctors and was slapped lots of labels before finding a good doctor, even though it took figuring my shit out myself, knowing what I had and demanding the proper testing to get results. No normal doctors would have done it either, luckily I was well enough to research and figure things out on my own, some don't have that ability though...

By the way the woman in the video I posted she is like 90% well now and living her life after treatment, she is still going through it a bit with presiding small symptoms because she was sick for over ten years but getting to that 100%! Works out five days a week, works 30 hours a week and goes to school full time. Thank god that there is help out there!

http://underourskin.com/news/looking-toward-future-update-mandy-hughes

stunning as ever too!

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I know what you mean, it just happens that I never found THAT doctor, or that testing for that matter (HAHA! not that 90% of doctors I have tried would accept testing suggestions from me). I know competent docs exist, as others have found them, I am not a solipsist! Just the huge quantity of very interesting and appropiate studies etc you can find shows that at least somewhere there are medical professionals that actually investigate and care about the truth and about solving health issues instead of masking symptoms and create new diseases.

Last edited:

Ambrosia_angel

That story reminds me of my situation a little. One day I'm up and walking and the next day I'm struggling to walk the same length I've walked everyday for the past 4 years. Luckily my walking didn't get so bad that I couldn't move like her but I can definitely emphasise with her situation and it's very nice to hear her mum's opinion too.

I've sadly had enough of doctors. I'm still suffering from persistent infections and I'm pretty sure nobody has tested me for Lyme yet!! Nobody cares unless your on your death bed and if you find somebody that cares before you become that bad then your considered lucky that it was caught "early".

I really pray that holly get better whether it's conversion or not. I'm very suspicious when I hear of people being diagnosed with conversion disorder. What sort of trauma do they have to go through for the mind to unconsciously react like that? I know there are many types but many people suffer severe trauma and don't get conversion disorder.

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
Isn't the Today Tonight show to TV current affairs as what The Sun newspaper is to journalism?

Anyway, these girls said they experienced problems after a physical trauma?

So perhaps if there is no classic neurological disease per se, there is some sort of (physical) injury or shock to the nervous system on a more subtle level. Just because nothing can be found after "countless tests and scans" (I'm betting the scans were not high resolution), does not mean it is psychological or the body's response to some hidden psychological stress. That wonderful god of the gaps in medicine again, "the power of the mind over the body".

I'd be more willing to accept the existence of "conversion disorder" if there was more evidence and its conception and history wasn't so mired in ignorance and fraud.

The video linked to another one about (bikini clad) "Autism Angels".

Could ME Models doing bikini carwash raise enough funding for ME research?

taniaaust1

Could ME Models doing bikini carwash raise enough funding for ME research?

Doing carwashes sounds a bit hard for a ME person. I think we'd do better being living models for bikinis in store windows, where we can lay in a fake beach scene on a beach chair. If we were doing that in actual feverish mode, we may even have a glistening body look.

Last edited: