• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Klimas Doctor - Dr. Vera

SDSue

Southeast
Has anyone seen the new doctor affiliated with Klimas? I am scheduled soon.

Also, what can I expect at my first visit at the Neuro-Immune Institute? I assume Dr. Vera follows similar protocol to Klimas/Rey. Thanks!

Last edited:

SOC

Also, what can I expect at my first visit at the Neuro-Immune Institute? I assume Dr. Vera follows similar protocol to Klimas/Rey. Thanks!
You might want to read this thread. I wrote about what to expect at your first visit in post #9 of that thread.

SDSue

Southeast
Thank you so much. I really need to get better at searching this site.

SDSue

Southeast
@Flsnow I have been calling routinely for almost 3 years, so I know what it's like to wait, but I have found them to be kind, helpful, and fair. I'm sorry your experience is different.

SOC

INIM doctors Dr Klimas and Dr Rey have not been taking new patients. They were already swamped. NOVA has been taking names for the waiting list for a year or more, I think. So no new patients were getting in for a while. Now that Dr Vera has joined them, the staff is working through the waiting list.

@Flsnow, did you put your name on the waiting list when you called previously? As I understand it, they are working through the waiting list in chronological order. Perhaps they haven't gotten to you yet. There were a lot of people on the list.

It's true that communication has been a bit tricky since they moved to NOVA, but things continue to get better as they settle in. Don't expect any clerical/admin person to answer questions about treatment plans, etc. The entire office is extremely overworked.

My daughter and I are very happy with the treatment we get at INIM.

I received a call last month but none since. what they wanted I have no idea??? to schedule me or to tell it will be a longer wait; I am not sure. It would make sence to try and call maybe 2 times in a day or maybe more then once a month to make contact with somebody to make an appointment so not sure what the deal is. quite frustrating as now I have to carry my phone everywhere ..etc outside to the mailbox.. to the bathroom..cant be without it as i may have to wait another month or more who knows ..just to make sure I get the call. torture really is what it is.

SOC

I received a call last month but none since. what they wanted I have no idea??? to schedule me or to tell it will be a longer wait; I am not sure. It would make sence to try and call maybe 2 times in a day or maybe more then once a month to make contact with somebody to make an appointment so not sure what the deal is. quite frustrating as now I have to carry my phone everywhere ..etc outside to the mailbox.. to the bathroom..cant be without it as i may have to wait another month or more who knows ..just to make sure I get the call. torture really is what it is.
So you called back, but haven't heard from them again? Perhaps it would help if you keep calling back and telling them you are returning their call.

SOC

I am not sure they have the sensitivity to understand that I would like a call back in a reasonable time.

I'm not sure what you are implying with this "sensitivity" comment. If you think the people at INIM are insensitive to the needs of ME patients, I'm not sure why you are trying to get in there. Perhaps you need to look into a different practice that you feel better suits you.

Nice? sensitivity seek elsewhere? Is their any perfect doctor office? I would be implying the scheduling staff. Put yourself in my shoes; I said I have to take my phone everywhere to get the call. a direct line to the office would be nice so I could avert this frustration and just simply make the appointment which most offices do. their is not many others to choose from. seems to me you don't understand my frustration level so not bothering with your posts.