• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulfates + Sulfur = Confusion

SDSue

Southeast
I'm confused by the following article, in which Senneff addresses the upswing in neurological disorders and autoimmune diseases.

If:
1. sulfate is the oxidized form of sulfur, and
2. low sulfates in the brain are truly a cause of neuro-immune problems,
Then:
why are low sulfur diets helpful in COMT and multiple BHMT defects?

My COMT's are hetero, my BHMT's are homo. My homocysteine levels are normal. I am just now looking into sulfur in my diet, and I find that nearly everything I eat is high in sulfur. Is this my body's natural effort to increase sulfates to my brain? Does a high sulfur diet actually translate to increased sulfates in the brain? Or do the COMT/BHMT snps interfere with that process?

Sulfate, Sleep and Sunlight: The Disruptive and Destructive Effects of Heavy Metals and Glyphosate

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...8/heavy-metals-glyphosate-health-effects.aspx

Summary
Taken together, the body of evidence elegantly assembled by Dr. Seneff supports her hypothesis that the epidemic levels of autism (and other diseases such as Alzheimer's disease) currently seen in the Western world are caused by a severe deficiency in sulfate supplies to the brain. Under optimal circumstances, the pineal gland can synthesize sulfate stimulated by sunlight and deliver it via melatonin sulfate to the brain. However, aluminum, mercury, and glyphosate are working synergistically to derail this process, and sunlight deficiency (exacerbated by the misguided use of sunscreens containing aluminum nanoparticles) is further contributing to the pathology.

SDSue

Southeast
@alex3619 I did a search on glyphosate and didn't find much. Any further suggestions? Would it be under a different title? Thanks.