• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Vigil For International ME Awareness Day: wherever you are in the World please join us!

A Vigil for International ME Awareness Day

Raising Awareness and Funds for Biomedical Research

12th May 2014

A vigil is being held on 12th May for International ME Awareness Day. Please join the vigil by lighting a candle and spending some quiet time on this special day in solidarity and support for the ME communities around the world. If you have access to the internet you can light a virtual candle as part of a group vigil. You can also leave a message or dedicate a virtual candle for a friend or loved one and share it with them.

At our last International Vigil for ME Awareness Day, people from 14 different countries around the world took part. Wherever you are in the World, holding a vigil raises awareness and serves as a powerful means of encouraging unity and strength of purpose, so whether as an individual, group or Organisation, your participation makes a difference.

Here is a link to the website with information about biomedical research from around the world and details of how you can take part in the vigil: www.vigilformeawareness.org.uk. By telling friends, family, neighbours and colleagues about the vigil and sharing this post on social networking sites you can help to expand the circle of people taking part.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Great idea to link this event to fundraising - without fundraising, we're nowhere. Very pleased to see this.

We’re expecting lots of candles, both real and virtual, to be burning on Monday as we’ve had some wonderful
messages of support from pwme, groups and organisations around the World. We’ll be lighting our candles at www.vigilformeawareness.org.uk in hope for a cure and a better future for everyone with ME - and all those coming on behind. In hope, too, that the information about Worldwide biomedical research we provide on our website, will help to open hearts and minds in the wider community of friends and family of pwme, and help to raise those much needed funds for research.

We would love you all to join us if you can.

Rosieness.
On behalf of Vigil for ME Awareness

rosie26

We’re expecting lots of candles, both real and virtual, to be burning on Monday as we’ve had some wonderful
messages of support from pwme, groups and organisations around the World. We’ll be lighting our candles at www.vigilformeawareness.org.uk in hope for a cure and a better future for everyone with ME - and all those coming on behind. In hope, too, that the information about Worldwide biomedical research we provide on our website, will help to open hearts and minds in the wider community of friends and family of pwme, and help to raise those much needed funds for research.

We would love you all to join us if you can.

Rosieness.

I will do this too. :hug:

rosie26

How did you do that, I couldn't figure it out :(

GG

I didn't get it the first time I went in as well @ggingues. I then clicked on the above where it says Home, Candles, Contact and I found it in one of those. I think it might have been the candles one. Keep trying and you will find it. It is easy once you do as they guide you through it with a continue button. It's quite moving.

A big thank you to everyone who joined in the vigil. Our website was visited by people from over 25 countries with people from 6 countries joining in our virtual candle group. It was really good to have you with us - thank you again for your support.

Rosieness