• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dealing with anxiety

I've been suffering from severe anxiety recently, mostly due to fear that my illness is all my imagination + within my control

I've been diagnosed 4 14 years by Dr franklin, dr Mitchell, dr sprightly + dr weir

I test @50% on the mitochondria scale. But shortly after these my GP surgery asked me to deregulatory myself

I was severely abused by my locall nhs as a child + now live in a nursing home which hi. Find a struggle. Not everyone's sympathetic + some of their comments + gossip burns me up

Martial

I've been suffering from severe anxiety recently, mostly due to fear that my illness is all my imagination + within my control

I've been diagnosed 4 14 years by Dr franklin, dr Mitchell, dr sprightly + dr weir

I test @50% on the mitochondria scale. But shortly after these my GP surgery asked me to deregulatory myself

I was severely abused by my locall nhs as a child + now live in a nursing home which hi. Find a struggle. Not everyone's sympathetic + some of their comments + gossip burns me up

I am so sorry to hear about your struggles Rosa, I used to have very severe anxiety too, 6 hour long panic attacks and agoraphobia to a degree...

I used a book called At Last a Life by Paul David and fully recovered though! It would be pretty helpful but I hope you get the help you need, trauma is very important to work through if it still upsets you..

Love,

Todd

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Rosa, so sorry to hear of your struggles.

Sending hugs.

Justy

caledonia

Sorry to hear of you being in a nursing home and having anxiety.

Check out Emotional Freedom Technique. It's free to learn and I find it very helpful for anxiety and rapidly healing past trauma. http://eft.mercola.com/
http://eft.mercola.com/
You might not want to let others see you tapping on your acupressure points though - they might think you're really nuts! :) I actually just lay in bed and imagine myself tapping on the points and it works just as well for me. The key is making up good affirmation statements.