• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Once my 23andMe results come through...?

Sporty

Hi

I've recently done the 23andMe test. The sample is at the lab and I'm waiting for my results to come through.

Once they arrive to my inbox what's my best plan of action...? I know I've heard people suggest genetic genie to run the results and get some sort of interpretation but what then...? Can I treat from there or is there a better way to go, in your opinions? As you know it's seems more complicated than say a black and white vitamin deficiency. I'm in the uk by the way.

Any advice?

Cheers
Simon

taniaaust1

Genetic genie in their report wont just say your methylation mutations but also offers suggestions re diet and other stuff according to these. Dont stress about things right now, wait till you get your report and run it throu genetic genie.

Sporty

Genetic genie in their report wont just say your methylation mutations but also offers suggestions re diet and other stuff according to these. Dont stress about things right now, wait till you get your report and run it throu genetic genie.

Hi

Blimey, genetic genie does all that?!?! Lol all for free! That sounds too good to be true! I presume that's what 23andMe used to do before it had to stop.

I'm just doing as much ground work as I can before results come in.......and I'm overwhelmed! ;0)

Cheers
Simon