• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll: How many root canals do you have?

golden

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...gn=20140420Z2&et_cid=DM43508&et_rid=492735514

I am having technical hiccups, but here is an article on root canals teaming with fascinating concepts imv.

'Each individual tooth is a little organ'

'Having dead teeth in your mouth can cause chronic health problems'

If anyone want to copy and paste interesting bits of the article - thats great - i cant do that presently.

Whilst a dentist may initially diagnose a root canal is needed, there are other avenues to support the tooth to heal.

Also, tooth pain maybe referred pain and not tooth decay so its important to distinguish.

Manual Poll: How many root canals do you have?

I realise the 'community' is well aware of Mercury problems - but nowhere have i seen this before...

Best
Golden

Zero too. I was told to get one, but I refuse to go the traditional route until more natural options are exhausted.

I need more info on treating it naturally, if anyone has good links. I have Googled a bit and it's confusing.

If getting one, I read you can get it cleaned by some ozone method that prevents that common problem. If you see one of the few holistic kind of dentists who does it.

Cheesus

One.

When I was younger and full of life I had an unfortunate collision with the concrete ground and snapped the root.

peggy-sue

I have one.
Just done last December, so I would doubt very much it has any bearing on my ME.

All available options were discussed to my satisfaction beforehand. I did not want to loose the tooth.

sueami

I have had one root canal, 19 years or so ago, and it is badly infected. I'm having it pulled on Tuesday. My husband just had 3 root canals done last year, first in his life, before I knew anything about the problems with which root canals have been associated. I'll check back in on this thread once it is out to report whether it improves my symptoms.

golden

I have had one root canal, 19 years or so ago, and it is badly infected. I'm having it pulled on Tuesday. My husband just had 3 root canals done last year, first in his life, before I knew anything about the problems with which root canals have been associated. I'll check back in on this thread once it is out to report whether it improves my symptoms.

Thankyou. Much Appreciated and Good Luck.

The above Mercola article says it has a 'part 2' coming out shortly to advise on what to do if root canals are causing problems... dont know when, or if it will be of use to anyone.

Will post it when it arrives.

vamah

None. I was supposed to have one, but they couldn't give me enough novacaine to keep me from feeling the drilling (even though the dentist was sure I couldn't feel it), so I got the tooth pulled. Easier, cheaper, less painful. I say this based on my daughter having a root canal last year and it was a huge, expensive ordeal. Hers was a from tooth, though, so pulling it wasn't really an option.

mermaid

I have none also. I lost a tooth last year and was given the option of a root canal but decided against, and had the extraction.

PennyIA

I HAD four - and three teeth pulled because root canal wasn't an option. I no longer have them because I had to go to dentures at the age of 47. I had long-term issues with tooth pain, and yes, some of it must have been referred pain, as I still get tooth aches now. :-(

I had several root canals done on the same tooth within a span of 2 weeks. About a month later my ME symptoms came about.

I'm thinking about getting it extracted because it still bothers me and am curious to see if it would help my ME at all.

Wayne

I don't think any discussion about root canals would be complete without at least a mention of Calcium Oxide (CO). CO is an alternative filling material that can used for a root canal instead of the conventional Guta Perca. CO is apparently in widespread use in Europe, where it is favored because of its ability to fill tiny gaps in the tooth infrastructure far better than Guta Perca, and thus preventing the kinds of anaerobic infections that result from incompletely filled gaps.

The (supposed) rap on CO was that it could "over-fill", put pressure on the tooth, and make the tooth brittle and subject to cracking and breakage. The following is a link to an article on a study of CO filled teeth and then comparing the results to the conventional Guta Perca-filled root canals. Not very many dentists in the US offer the CO option; I think only one in the State of Oregon (last time I checked).

Calcium Oxide Root Fillings (Endocal-10, Biocalex): Three Year Follow-Up

Misfit Toy

I had all root canal teeth extracted because I would continue having an infection. My immune system isn't good enough for a root canal. I don't recommend them as I always felt much better with those teeth removed. They can't see in there to truly get the root out.