• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Samento - 7 drops too far?

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Anyone on Samento? I re-started it last week, 5drops was too much so I dropped to 2 and worked up to 6 so far so good - tried 7drops - felt rough - back to 6 - okay - up to 7 felt rough but persevered and 7drops again today.......neuro symptoms really bad, dizziness extremely so. Anyone any opinions.
My thoughts are back off to 6 drops and add the Banderol now rather than waiting to get to the full dose of Samento.
I have read that Samento is not so good for the neuro symtoms as it doesn't get into the brain, which herb would be best for this?

I haven't had a positive test
but feel Bartonella is in the frame.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Anyone on Samento? I re-started it last week, 5drops was too much so I dropped to 2 and worked up to 6 so far so good - tried 7drops - felt rough - back to 6 - okay - up to 7 felt rough but persevered and 7drops again today.......neuro symptoms really bad, dizziness extremely so. Anyone any opinions.
My thoughts are back off to 6 drops and add the Banderol now rather than waiting to get to the full dose of Samento.
I have read that Samento is not so good for the neuro symtoms as it doesn't get into the brain, which herb would be best for this?

I haven't had a positive test
but feel Bartonella is in the frame.

I am about to start samento, banderol, cumanda and burbur. You probably have the same instructions as I do. Others tell me that they get stuck for a long time at a few drops of samento before they could increase. They also say to wait until you are on the full dose before starting banderol (unless their doctor tells them to start rotating with banderol at a lower dose), but to take cumanda and burbur every day.

Burbur should help with the symptoms--hope so!

Best,
Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Sushi
thanks Sushi - are you still taking the rimfapin(sp)?
good luck with the herbs - I thought I was doing too well!!!

can't believe one extra drop made all that difference - powerful stuff.......

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
@Sushi
thanks Sushi - are you still taking the rimfapin(sp)?
good luck with the herbs - I thought I was doing too well!!!

can't believe one extra drop made all that difference - powerful stuff.......

Yes, I am working up my dose on rifampin--slowly! I won't start the herbals until I am at the full dose of rifampin. I have been taking cat's claw and other herbals for many months so this might help ease me into samento.

Sushi

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi,

I am on the same protocol. And the " structure" is completely built! Samento 2x15 ( during 12 days) then rest 2 days and then Banderol 2X 20 ( during 10 days). After building my Samento cure, I have begun Cumanda and now I am Ok (2x20 a day). It take time, but I feel better. I am also taking burbur (4X8 a day) and smilax (2X10).
I have a special calendar to manage my drops... sometimes, I am asking:" Which one today?, and when? did I already take samento? Oh Gosh, I have to wait 15 min before taking my banderol and then an other 15 min to eat!!! and my dinner is already in my plate..."

When I began Samento, I decide to take a drop more each week, but I feel well after 5 days, so I reduce the time. The same for cumanda (2 days instead of 3).
The beginning of the construction of the samento cure was not easy, but after 8 drops it was OK.
Do you take 6 drops 3 times a day? If you are that far, It is good! congrats.
Don't forget, it is strong. And you feel bad because you herx...
I think It was easy for me because I had 12 weeks of ABX IV before.

I am still herxing but it is different. and I feel some "big" improvements.

Wish you the best.

Take care

Clodomir

Hanna

@Clodomir, do you still take some ABX along with the herbals ?

Also, when you write "I have a special calendar to manage my drops", do you mean the full Cowden protocol or something else ? Thanks to share it if possible.

I am "rifing" for the moment, but plan to begin the ABX soon for Lyme (can't travel because of my health), and would like to add the herbal support too...

Hanna

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
Hi Hannah,

I was tested positive to borrelia in june 2013. I took some oral ABX, then IB ABX
I am no more on ABX. I, first, had some ABX IV during 12 weeks (ceftriaxone and azytromicine). Then I stopped and start in january 2014 the "Cowden protocol". I don't know if it is the full protocol, but I take: samento, banderol, cumanda, burbur, smilax + a few pills: omega 3, bififlor, enzymes, and lactoferrin.
My calendar just tell me "when" I have to take "what"...
I am not sure taking abx with herbs (like samento and banderol) is a good idea. Not in my case for sure.
I know that when I was on ABX IV, I couldn't take anything else, because I was already at the top of what I can manage ... otherwise , I would relapse.
samento and banderol will give you some herx, as abx will do...
So be very careful not to push your body to far/hard... ABX isn't a pleasant journey. For some of us, it is a nightmare.
Follow what your doctor say, and try to take it slowly.
I have to take this treatment at least 3 years before coming back to a decent life.

What can help is "epsom bath". I try and it is perfect to eliminate borrelia toxin.

My husband is doing the same. He has taken 6 month ABX (pills) because he wasn't as bad as I am, and now, he is constructing his protocol ( still on samento).
He feel better.

wish you all the best

Clodomir

Hanna

Thanks Clodomir for your detailed answer. 3 years of herbals seems a lot... but building a new health requires patience of course.
I am going to dig deeper in the Cowden protocol and see if I can gather all the info I need to establish some logical route to follow. Of course for ABX, I will have some doc guidance, I don't want to Herx too much and stop everything because I went too fast and too strong.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Clodomir
thanks for your reply, very helpful - no I just took 6 drops once a day, been off it for 2 days now and feeling a bit better than on Friday last week when I took 7drops. Reading how you did it seems you eased into it a bit better than me, going up every day was too fast, I coped okay until 6drops though. I'll start again tomorrow at 4drops and take it up a week or 5 days at a time like you.
@Sushi
thanks I have ordered the Banderol and Burbur now - so will get on to those low dose as well, think its Banderol which is anti inflammatory so that may help. My shoulder and back was swelled and inflamed, but has eased a little.

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
hi Maryb,

I took the first time: 1 drops 3 times a day : 1 in the morning, 1 at 12 o'clock and 1 before sleeping. this during 5 days, then I took 2 drops: 2 in the morning, 2 at 12 o'clock, etc....
Try this method maybe... because so you will not have a huge dose of samento: it is diluted during the day, and your body get use to it... My husband do it the same way and it works also for him.
don't forget that you must arrive at 30 drops a day... (in my case). and with this dose I am alright and see some improvements.
think about it.
When you will arrive at the right dose for you, then it is going to fit for banderol.
I take burbur till the beginning 4 times 8 drops with no problems

wish you all the best

clodomir

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@Clodomir
thanks you for taking the time to explain that I appreciate it. I will try it this way from tomorrow

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
@Clodomir
thanks you for taking the time to explain that I appreciate it. I will try it this way from tomorrow

Happy to help.
I have all my instructions (KDM) on a sheet but it is in french.... but if you want, I can send it to you.

What helps me also is epsom bath: a hot bath with epsom salt, soda, and ginger. It is really relaxing and helps a bit when you have herx.
You can find some "recipe" on the net.

take care.

clodomir

Clodomir

Where is the sun?
@maryb
a paper sheet... If I have time tomorrow, I will translate it or ask my daughter to do it.
otherwise I send it to you in PM.

Happy to help.
I have all my instructions (KDM) on a sheet but it is in french.... but if you want, I can send it to you.

What helps me also is epsom bath: a hot bath with epsom salt, soda, and ginger. It is really relaxing and helps a bit when you have herx.
You can find some "recipe" on the net.

take care.

clodomir
hi clodimir can you send me the instructions. my nephew can translate the french. thank you