• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Help interpreting HLA-Dr Results - Mold.

Hip

dbSNP has data from 1000Genome and other sources: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/SNP/snp_ref.cgi?rs=rs662 . Minor allele frequency is near the top, and the actual population data is at the bottom.

Many thanks Valentijn. The information overload of that dbSNP page has blown a fuse in my feeble brain,... but very interesting!

I am a bit confused as to why in the dbSNP page population data table, in the "Genotype Details" columns, there is not only AA, AG and GG, but also A, G and N. Why these single values of A and G? And what does N mean? Don't people always have two versions of the SNP, maternal and paternal?

I am a bit confused as to why in the dbSNP page population data table, in the "Genotype Details" columns, there is not only AA, AG and GG, but also A, G and N.
The AA/AG/GG is for genotype frequency (actual, not calculated) and the A/G/N is for allele frequency.

The genotype column has A, G, and N in it because some idiot didn't enter the data correctly for one of the groups :p

GypsyGirl

So it looks like for both DRB1 you have 04:04:???, which is still HLA-DR4.
DRB4 is 01:01, 01:02, or 01:03
And based on prior serology testing, DQB1 must be 03:02 and/or 03:05 and/or 03:??.

DRB1-DQB1 haplotypes are looked at fairly often in research, and yours would be DR4-DQ8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-DR4#By_haplotype has some info regard that, and there's probably a lot more data elsewhere as well. Basically increased risk of a few things, including celiac - do you have that?

Regarding DRB1 and DRB4, it's possible that you have the DR4-DR53 serotype, though that also depends on having HLA-DRA*01:01 instead of HLA-DRA*01:02, which wasn't tested for at present.

Is there some reason they don't test HLA-DQA1? It seems to be a lot more popular in research than the DRB4.

Hey Valentijn,

I had a full round of celiac screening done last year. I did not test positive for any celiac antibodies, however DQ2/DQ A1 & B1 revealed I am positive for DQ8 (2 copies of DQ A1, one copy of B1).

After receiving/exchanging info from a few other members (to whom I say SO many thank yous), it looks like I am type 4-3-53. (Crap.)

Thank you guys so much for your input. Having someone to ask these technical (and occasionally scary) questions is a wonderful support.

Would anyone able to decode my lab result?

I have HLA-DR blood test, result is
DRB1 03,
DRB1 16

The Serotype of DRB1 03 is DR17, SSO PCR; HLA-DR gene on Chromosome 6P21.

Thank you very much!!!

roller

wiggle jiggle
perhaps someone can read something out of mine, too?
they were taken for a donation program, so possibly nothing "complete", just relevant for determining donorship or so..
i wrote them down in a hurry, hope i got it right, they look a bit different from yours above...
appreciate any input!

HLA-DR 1, 4
HLA-DRB1* 01MV, 04JEF

i was not permitted as a donor, btw, due to some hla-stuff...

I don’t understand how to interpret my results& don’t have the book . Can you please help? Thank you!

Can anyone help me interpret my Genetic test HLA DR from Labcorp? I did the Great Plains Mycotoxin urine test and have Roridin E mycotoxins & Ochratoxin A.

DRB1*10:
DRB1*11:

DRB3*02
DRB3*-

DRB4*-
DRB4*-
DRB5*-
DQB1 Allele 1 01
DQB1*05:
DQB1 Allele 2 01
DQB1*06:

17, 2, 52A, 53, 51