• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lymph Nodes - Groin Day Sweat ?

rosie26

I used to get night sweats regularly in the severe years, waking with a slick wet chest and wet sheet. I now only get them every now and then.

But I also get another one and that is in the groin on the front sides where I think there are lymph nodes. These mostly happen during the day without the chest sweat. There is also a light dull ache or drawing out feeling that accompanies it. I end up having to change my underwear as my underwear are wet along the bikini line on the sides. It's a strange thing. Something is going on there. It feels like my body is trying to get rid of something.

I wonder how many others get this in the groin area and if it is as common as the chest night sweat. But this groin one seems to always happen during the day, maybe I don't notice it at night because I am too preoccupied with the chest sweat. Do you get it too and what do you make of it. ? It feels like the lymph nodes are active ?

Seven7

Seven
I get the left groin, chest, and the other day I wake up with a hand like a faucet, I thought my husband was praking me and dipped my hand in a bucket! that was how much water came of the right hand. No sweat anywhere, then as I woke up it stopped, woke up again and left hand was doing the same. This time I did have the chest going too. I was reading and It looks like is B symptoms (what they are called) because I have also lymph pain going on. I do not have fevers that I know of. Will start taking temperature.

TigerLilea

I used to get night sweats regularly in the severe years, waking with a slick wet chest and wet sheet. I now only get them every now and then.

But I also get another one and that is in the groin on the front sides where I think there are lymph nodes. These mostly happen during the day without the chest sweat. There is also a light dull ache or drawing out feeling that accompanies it. I end up having to change my underwear as my underwear are wet along the bikini line on the sides. It's a strange thing. Something is going on there. It feels like my body is trying to get rid of something.

I wonder how many others get this in the groin area and if it is as common as the chest night sweat. But this groin one seems to always happen during the day, maybe I don't notice it at night because I am too preoccupied with the chest sweat. Do you get it too and what do you make of it. ? It feels like the lymph nodes are active ?

Rosie, are you menopausal? It is very common as women go through peri-menopause, right through to post-menopause, to have the sweats.

rosie26

I get the left groin, chest, and the other day I wake up with a hand like a faucet, I thought my husband was praking me and dipped my hand in a bucket! that was how much water came of the right hand. No sweat anywhere, then as I woke up it stopped, woke up again and left hand was doing the same. This time I did have the chest going too. I was reading and It looks like is B symptoms (what they are called) because I have also lymph pain going on. I do not have fevers that I know of. Will start taking temperature.

Hi Inester
I think that has happened to me with the hands but not as much as you describe. We sure get some odd things going on lol hard to know what to make of them.

By B symptoms do you mean we might be lacking in the B vitamins. ? Or is it B cells you mean.

Edit - I just looked up B symptoms :nervous: lymphoma, I don't think I have got the enlarged lymph nodes with it - hope that rules me out:D fingers crossed. x

Last edited:

rosie26

Rosie, are you menopausal? It is very common as women go through peri-menopause, right through to post-menopause, to have the sweats.

Hi TigerLilea
I am going through peri-menopause at the moment (50yrs). The hot flushes I have found to be more dry heat. I have had the night/day sweat symptoms all the way through ME which has been 12 years and I think I had them in the year or two before my collapse as well. I wonder how common the groin one is. x

Last edited:

Iquitos

I used to have night sweats for years after I got ME. Don't have them anymore.

But the sweating at the panty line/groin -- yes. What's really odd is that I've had that sweating only on the right side for years -- as the pain in that joint gets worse and worse. Last year the left groin joint started hurting and the left panty line/groin started sweating while the right side stopped. I also think it's about the inguinal lymph nodes.

rosie26

I used to have night sweats for years after I got ME. Don't have them anymore.

But the sweating at the panty line/groin -- yes. What's really odd is that I've had that sweating only on the right side for years -- as the pain in that joint gets worse and worse. Last year the left groin joint started hurting and the left panty line/groin started sweating while the right side stopped. I also think it's about the inguinal lymph nodes.

Same as me Iquitos. I never had this before ME. We must have something similar in our ME pathway. Thanks for posting that you have it too. It happens in the winter when it is cold too doesn't it, so has nothing to do with being hot due to weather. x

Iquitos

Yes, it has nothing to do with the weather. That is especially obvious for me since for a long time I only had this sweating on one side.

Tammy

Yep.............I get the groin sweats! I really don't think they started though until I approached menopause. The menopause thing really through my system for a loop.

rosie26

Yep.............I get the groin sweats! I really don't think they started though until I approached menopause. The menopause thing really through my system for a loop.

Thanks Tammy. It feels like Lymp nodes trying to get rid of something but I also wonder if it is coming from the ovaries which are located just a bit higher up, more to the top of the bikini line. Menopause seems to stir up ME symptoms, I went down a couple of levels when I started having menopause symptoms 2 years ago - it knocked my confidence something terrible especially after years of slow improvement. I still haven't picked up to previous levels.
How are you now, are you through the menopause and picked up again. ?

There doesn't seem to be any guys who get it, which does make me wonder about the ovaries now. Just another bizarre symptom :rolleyes:. x

Last edited:

Tammy

Well...............I thought I was finished however I don't think so. I have been on and off bioidentical hormone therapy and I really think it helps me. It's been about 2 and a half years since I've had a cycle. I am sending off another hormone lab test today (saliva) to see where my levels are at again.