• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is pain a primary symptom in Lyme?

Cheesus

Hi folks,

I am considering pursuing the question of Lyme more aggressively so that I can be confident in my treatment approaches. I have a number of neurological symptoms, however I am (thankfully) almost completely without pain (it is so infrequent, fleeting and mild that I would happily live my life with it and never even think of it as an issue).

Is pain often a central feature of Lyme?

Thanks!

Ema

Many people have pain with Lyme disease but not having pain as a predominant symptom does not rule it out.

Your Lyme expert doctor would look at your symptoms and testing as a whole to make a clinical diagnosis.

Cheesus

Many people have pain with Lyme disease but not having pain as a predominant symptom does not rule it out.

Your Lyme expert doctor would look at your symptoms and testing as a whole to make a clinical diagnosis.

Just the info I was looking for. It's not a search engine friendly question. Thanks!

Also I like your dog :)

Dufresne

almost there...
My borrelia infection is unequivocal and I have almost no pain. If I'm binging on sugar I'll get some soreness in my joints in certain positions but nothing that I can't handle, and the pain goes away when I go off the sugar again.