• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fibromyalgia Study in Miami needs participants

If you are a female between the ages of 40-65 have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia you can participate and will receive:

A complete Physical
Lab work including complete Immune Panel
$200.00 Compensation

Please call Fanny Collado RN at 305-575-7000 ext 6706 for further details.
THIS RESEARCH DOES NOT REQUIRE TAKING ANY DRUGS

Last edited:

Undisclosed

Just to add, research is being performed by Institute of Neuroimmune Medicine (INIM) with Dr Klimas as the study lead.

They have received our permission to post on Phoenix Rising.

SOC

If you are a female between the ages of 40-65 and are healthy you can participate and will receive:

A complete Physical
Lab work including complete Immune Panel
$200.00 Compensation

Please call Fanny Collado RN at 305-575-7000 ext 6706 for further details.
THIS RESEARCH DOES NOT REQUIRE TAKING ANY DRUGS
Are you looking for patients who already have a fibro diagnosis or is diagnosis part of the study? Do you want people with fibro only or are you accepting patients with fibro+ME/CFS?

ETA: Duh! I missed the bit about "and are healthy". That would eliminate ME/CFS patients.

Are you looking for patients who already have a fibro diagnosis or is diagnosis part of the study? Do you want people with fibro only or are you accepting patients with fibro+ME/CFS?

ETA: Duh! I missed the bit about "and are healthy". That would eliminate ME/CFS patients.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll check it out right away

As long as you are diagnosed with Fibromyalgia is fine. There's no problem if you have also been diagnosed with ME/CFS. How are you doing today?

SOC

As long as you are diagnosed with Fibromyalgia is fine. There's no problem if you have also been diagnosed with ME/CFS. How are you doing today?
Fine, thanks. :) I was diagnosed with fibro in the past but I suspect a misdiagnosis. I'll be at the Kendell ofc on Monday. If Dr Rey agrees with the fibro diagnosis for daughter or me, we'll call Fanny.

Fine, thanks. :) I was diagnosed with fibro in the past but I suspect a misdiagnosis. I'll be at the Kendell ofc on Monday. If Dr Rey agrees with the fibro diagnosis for daughter or me, we'll call Fanny.
I'm glad to read you're doing well :)

SOC

Does this study have a name so I can ask Dr Rey about it specifically?

Does this study have a name so I can ask Dr Rey about it specifically?
It's officially referred to as the "NIH Study"

Here's some more information I received:
The Miami VA is conducting a National Institute of Health research study under Nancy Klimas, M.D., and is currently looking to recruit women between the ages of 40 and 65, who have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, to participate. They are officially calling this study "The NIH Study," but those of us who have already participated in this study generally refer to it as the "VO2 Max Study." The information provided on your VO2 Max results can be extremely useful in helping to prevent the "crashes" Fibromyalgia patients experience and help you gradually reach a higher level of functioning.

Study Parameters:

Females between the ages of 40-65 with a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or both. You do not need to stop taking any of your regular medications for this study.
Participants will receive:
  • A complete physical.
  • Lab work including complete Immune Panel (would normally cost over $1,000 if you paid out of pocket).
  • $200.00 for your participation.

The study will require three office visits to the VA Hospital:
  • The first visit will take about three hours for a physical, blood draw, and cognitive function testing.
  • The second visit will take about six hours because it will include a VO2 Max (maximum ability to deliver oxygen to the working muscles) study where you will be on an exercise bicycle to determine how long it takes your energy system to switch from your Aerobic to your Anaerobic Threshold and what your heart rate is at that level. (On a personal note, it took me less than five minutes to switch from Aerobic to Anaerobic so I spent less than five minutes on the exercise bike!)
  • The final visit will take about an hour because they will only be drawing blood.

If you are interested in participating in this study, you should first ask your own physician if you are healthy enough to have the VO2 Max study. If you are and you wish to proceed, contact Fanny Collado directly at any of the phone numbers or email addresses below.