• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GI Effects results H.pylori and yeast

I had this test done through Dr Myhill along with Mito test. I had very minor gut issues such as feeling bloated and the occasional diarrhea . So wasn't really expecting to find anything major.

The two main things discovered from the test were

1: H.pylori

2: Yeast/fungi

Firstly the H.pylori is positive with molecular probe but the EIA shows negative for H.pylori. This is where I am confused as test report mentions the following "Positive results are confirmed by EIA". So I am not sure if that should be a positive, also, I believe that when I had the test done Genova were making changes to the test and offering EIA test for pathogen only as add-on, which come with three extra vials for specimen collection and as I ordered the test before these changes, I am not sure if they carried the EIA tests.

From briefly reading about H.pylori it seems that high percentage of the population is carrying this bacteria but for most it harmless. Although it can cause stomach and duodenal ulcers in some (which I don't seem to have). So not sure of it's significance. Dr Myhill has suggested amoxil and clarithromycin but I don't want to take antibiotics unless there is a good reason.

Secondly the postive for yeast/fungi came in at 3+=>10000pg with taxonomy unavailable. I am guessing this means that found high concentration of yeast but could not identify the specific species/strain. So I am not sure if this is significant, I have a feeling it is.

I would appreciate any help

thanks

Attachments

• GI 1.png
    GI 1.png
    252 KB · Views: 28
  • Gi 2.png
    Gi 2.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 18
  • GI 3.png
    GI 3.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 17
  • GI 4.png
    GI 4.png
    158 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Radio

I had this test done through Dr Myhill along with Mito test. I had very minor gut issues such as feeling bloated and the occasional diarrhea . So wasn't really expecting to find anything major.

The two main things discovered from the test were

1: H.pylori

2: Yeast/fungi

Firstly the H.pylori is positive with molecular probe but the EIA shows negative for H.pylori. This is where I am confused as test report mentions the following "Positive results are confirmed by EIA". So I am not sure if that should be a positive, also, I believe that when I had the test done Genova were making changes to the test and offering EIA tets for pathogen only as add-on, which come with three extra vials for specimen collection and as I ordered the test before these changes, I am not sure if they carried the EIA test.
I have this on my list of threads, I will be posting my H-pylori Protocol soon....

Mij

My protocol for h.pylori was clarithromyicin, flagyl and Losac, a stomach acid reducer. The stomach acid reducer is important but some doc's don't rx it. My symptoms were getting worse over the course of 5 yrs before I was diagnosed. My symptoms started at the onset of this illness. H.pylori can lead to stomach cancer 15yrs down the road.

xchocoholic

My h pylori symptoms were typical stomach pain especially in the middle if the night, after eating citrus and between meals. I had extreme fatigue and my OI worsened but I had parasites at the same time so symptoms can't be considered from just h pylori.

My treatment was a combo of antibiotics and something else. I can't remember exactly but it's what's on the web as the best way to kill it.

I couldn't take the acid reducer because it made me feel horrible.

Mine cleared up completely according to testing immediately post treatment and once again one year post treatment.

xchocoholic

I agree with you on wanting to make sure you need to take these medications. That's why I listed my symptoms. My infection was severe by the time I was tested. Maybe it's best not to wait too long.

Can you get a second test to verify your results first ? A local hospital ran my last one. Maybe that's an option for you.

I agree with you on wanting to make sure you need to take these medications. That's why I listed my symptoms. My infection was severe by the time I was tested. Maybe it's best not to wait too long.

Can you get a second test to verify your results first ? A local hospital ran my last one. Maybe that's an option for you.

It now shows that they do a microscopic exam on the new sample reports for the GI test, On my test it says "molecular probe" I am sure if it is the same as a microscopic exam, I am guessing the "molecular probe" is a stain applied on a stool sample then probably looked at under UV/fluorescent light.

I suppose I could ask my doc to either run a blood test or refer me to a gastroenterologist.

Having looked at the NHS website for h.pylori information, I would probably have to lie about my symptoms and claim to have peptic ulcers to get any testing done.

Is there any particular test that is more reliable than others for h pylori?

end

My protocol for h.pylori was clarithromyicin, flagyl and Losac, a stomach acid reducer. The stomach acid reducer is important but some doc's don't rx it. My symptoms were getting worse over the course of 5 yrs before I was diagnosed. My symptoms started at the onset of this illness. H.pylori can lead to stomach cancer 15yrs down the road.

The PPI helps eliminate the infection because the antibiotics don't work to well in a highly acidic environment ie the stomach

If wanting to avoid antibiotics 5 grams ascorbic acid in conjunction with Vit E eliminated H.Pylori infection in 30% of cases post three week treatment

And very true re GI cancer complication

The PPI helps eliminate the infection because the antibiotics don't work to well in a highly acidic environment ie the stomach

If wanting to avoid antibiotics 5 grams ascorbic acid in conjunction with Vit E eliminated H.Pylori infection in 30% of cases post three week treatment

And very true re GI cancer complication

What about the influence of diet with regards to h pylori. I have been suggested a paleo diet by Dr Myhill meaning low or zero carb.

Were any of you on a particular diet when treating h.pylori?

end

It now shows that they do a microscopic exam on the new sample reports for the GI test, On my test it says "molecular probe" I am sure if it is the same as a microscopic exam, I am guessing the "molecular probe" is a stain applied on a stool sample then probably looked at under UV/fluorescent light.

I suppose I could ask my doc to either run a blood test or refer me to a gastroenterologist.

Having looked at the NHS website for h.pylori information, I would probably have to lie about my symptoms and claim to have peptic ulcers to get any testing done.

Is there any particular test that is more reliable than others for h pylori?

Correction. Some Labs offer a breath test for H.Pylori - it involves swallowing a radio active tracer substance 96.5% sensitivity www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9835321/

Last edited:

xchocoholic

I don't know if one test is more reliable than another. I saw two doc's and they preferred different tests. Both were stool tests tho. One by mail and one locally at a hospital lab. I was doubled over in pain.

I was on the paleo diet at the time.

I'm leary of the need for ppis when my treatment was successful. Imho, sounds like big pharma pushing drugs again.

I forgot to say that I took pepto bismol during the treatment too since I was told my infection was severe. Pepto kills h too but not as well.

btw dgl stopped the pain.

tc .. x

Mij

What about the influence of diet with regards to h pylori. I have been suggested a paleo diet by Dr Myhill meaning low or zero carb.

Were any of you on a particular diet when treating h.pylori?

No, I was not on any speical diet. I took mastica gum for a month after my treatment.

end

I don't know if one test is more reliable than another. I saw two doc's and they preferred different tests. Both were stool tests tho. One by mail and one locally at a hospital lab. I was doubled over in pain.

I'm leary of the need for ppis when my treatment was successful. Imho, sounds like big pharma pushing drugs again.

I forgot to say that I took pepto bismol during the treatment too since I was told my infection was severe. Pepto kills h too but not as well.

tc .. x

Pepto bismol has Bismuth in it, it's acterly a heavy metal.. which is part of the CDD's treatment for resistant H.Pylori strains/cases

end

I'm familiar with the urea breath test, it involves blowing into a balloon and then it is sent to a lab. I've never heard of a radio active tracer? The link you provided does not mention this.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urea_breath_test

Look in "principles and mechanism"

The Lab that I was tested through in Australia has to make you awear of the fact - she said "its at the level of having an xray"

Last edited:

end

tc .. x

Proffessor Thomas Borody dictated to "big pharma" the Drug cocktail they later developed

Marshal the bug
Borody the drug

I needed triple therapy, wish I didn't have to take the PPI! but it wasn't eradicated with the dual antibiotics only

end

I'm familiar with the urea breath test, it involves blowing into a balloon and then it is sent to a lab. I've never heard of a radio active tracer? The link you provided does not mention this.

The link was in reference to the question @Arise asked, as in "how reliable" is a particular test, and had nothing to do with the radio active component. The % I stated relayed the test "reliability" aspect in that link

I am fairly sure I have been reinfected by H.Pylori, running through old research links currently :)

Mij

@end I'm not sure the abxs I took completely eradicated the h.pylori. I no longer have terrible symptoms but my stomach acid is very low and I still have malabsorption problems. It's a bugger :mad:

So what are you doing currently to get at this issue?

end

@end I'm not sure the abxs I took completely eradicated the h.pylori. I no longer have terrible symptoms but my stomach acid is very low and I still have malabsorption problems. It's a bugger :mad:

So what are you doing currently to get at this issue?

@Mij

Do you find oral zinc supplementation in capsule/tablet form to be problematic? @Hip has low stomach acid and finds zinc capsules/tablets problematic, like I do and others on this forum

I have low stomach acid and malabsorption problems and have to take up to 6x 650mg betain HCL with Pepsin with each meal. That is the reason I suspect the H.Pylori is back, as I am needing those high amounts of betain again as per pre-treatment. The general reflux feeling has made a come back too and serves as another indicator

What to do about it...

I think at the base of the problem is the immune disfunction we suffer from, so dealing with that would ultermately fix all of our problems

Currently I am reading about 'spiral shaped H.Pylori TYPE organisims' that are found to infect animals AND humans. There recognition is yet to be made clinically relevent, but makes me even more eager in addressing my immune disfunction

http://jcm.asm.org/content/43/5/2256.full

I think there is some relevance with the 'resistent drug protocols' the CDD has constructed www.cdd.com.au in treating not only the resistent H.Pylori strains that they have identified but also the yet to be made clinically relevant 'spiral shaped H.Pylori TYPE organisims' especially, in cases where post treatment testing has given a negative result but they STILL have symptoms

Currently I am looking at immune modulating supplements ie oxymatrine/Inosine and a H.Pylori drug resistant protocol the CDD uses

Wish me luck

Last edited:

Mij

@end I do take zinc supplementation a few times a week and find it problematic at times, but not always. I take it before bedtime on an empty stomach and I get this grinding/sick type feeling. Is this how you feel when you take zinc?

I took Betaine and Pepsin years ago but it's possible I didn't take enough to get the proper effect because I was still not absorbing. I now take Digestive enzymes with Pepsin and it does make a difference.

I agree the immune dysfunction is a huge issue. I've been working on that for 23yrs. I took Equilbriant and Inosine for several months, it didn't make a difference unfortunately. I hope it helps you.