• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Speech therapy eye gaze boards?

Has anyone had to use an eye gaze board? How easy is it when laying in bed? Speech therapist is coming on Thursday. I already use speech software on my phone but sometimes even typing is too hard.

Would be interested to hear other peoples experiences.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
how'd your appointment go?

the person I know who uses that kind of device has muscular dystrophy. They seem to use a desktop, though.

ETA: my computer says it's Thursday, and it's night, but it's just past midnight to me. UK is about 8 hours ahead of here, so I suppose you haven't had your appointment just yet. Hope it goes well!

Last edited:

rosie26

I just had a strange brain moment @WillowJ , I had a doctors appointment this morning and when I read your "how'd your appointment go" above, I thought you were talking to me lol - it was like you were asking me out loud. I kind of jumped a bit ready to respond with an answer.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I just had a strange brain moment @WillowJ , I had a doctors appointment this morning and when I read your "how'd your appointment go" above, I thought you were talking to me lol - it was like you were asking me out loud. I kind of jumped a bit ready to respond with an answer.

you can always start a new thread or message me. :)

Was unusually tearful after to be honest but I think that's because it always feels so hopeless when they just give me equipment rather than 'treatment it feels kind of finale we 'discussed' my problems with the speech software - the keyboard is layer out different and i struggle to use it. But she has started me with a speech book http://www.speakbook.org/

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
that's understandable. Treatment would be nicer for sure.

I hope you get used to the keyboard easily.