• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Photosensitivity

Does anyone else deal with this as a symptom? Is it common in ME?

I can barely look at a computer or television for more than 10 minutes anymore without my eyes beginning to feel like they are on fire. My vision in general has been degrading as well.

Martial

typical symptom of things like mold toxins, or other bio toxins, I think you should try Dr. Shoemakers protocol as soon as possible! You would benefit greatly!

Todd

p.s. every time I herx from lyme my vision is so blurred I feel like I am gonna go blind lol!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Pretty common in general, and not necessarily from mold. I've had it from day one and I know I got it from a virus.

I have to wear sunglasses when I'm inside where lights are on. I never turn my own lights on.

I also now have a ton of floaters, dry eye syndrome and have been unable to get new glasses. You might want to get some preservative free eye drops. The ones in vials are the best. That will help the burning. I use these. They are the biggest ones I've found

http://www.amazon.com/Tears-Natural...+free+lubricant+eye+drops+60+single-use+vials

Try F. Lux for your computer. It's a free download that dims the screen. Works great for me.

Raindrop

Sadly it's a common symptom in ME. Sun glasses and eye masks are you new best friend. :/
I would add to this HATS. I have about 8 of them at least by now. I must go everywhere with
wide brimmed hats as well as sun glasses. Multiple sleep masks as well!! The bright lights
are a killer and florescent lights can bring on a 911 emergency if I am under them more than
briefly.

Xhale, I am so sorry that you are beginning to have these problems. They came about for me
over time....later on in the illness. Try to prevent issues as much as possible if you can even
try sunglasses indoors with the TV (sometimes that helps as well.)